• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 05:16:28 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

A thought: Nintendo forgetting something?

Started by Fusion, March 31, 2008, 03:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Yeah but you're suppose to keep targeting your old audience too, it's not very effective to just switch audience focus. Nintendo has shown little interest in doing so.

Jesuszilla

April 03, 2008, 08:31:57 PM #31 Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 08:33:59 PM by [Kira]
So what if tons of the Melee audience was lost with Brawl. Those guys are fags.

Oh and I LIKED Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess. What game are you going to use to defend your point? Mario Kart? Give me a fucking break, I haven't played a Mario Kart game since Mario Kart 64.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Name a good successful game on the Wii that isn't casual minded that doesn't have Smash, Mario, Zelda, or Metroid in it's title.

Jesuszilla

Damn, you beat me to it.

Trauma Center is nice too.

Oh, and Metroid sucks.

UHMEEEEBA

Whatever, point is your Nintendo's secondary market now after casuals.

Fusion

No, Kira, your statement is invalid because Diet MegaMan Zero Advent was created specifically to get new audiences and that flopped. 

Capcom's trying to be too revolutionary, and in the process they alienate their existing fanbase to try and attract new fans.

Jesuszilla

If they were being revolutionary and not trying to keep the old fanbase, then why the fuck are there X and Zero suits that are so close to the "originals" that it's not even funny? Why did they stick to the more traditional gameplay?

If anything, Capcom was trying what you're saying with Battle Network.

Robert the small

Quote from: [L] on April 03, 2008, 08:57:08 PM
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.
Wario Ware, Not casually minded...? Your kidding.

Jesuszilla

We don't know what the fuck he means by that so we just tell him the other good games we own.

Robert the small

He means games that people that aren't gamers will like, shit like Warioware, Wii Sports, Sonic and Mario At the Olympics, Mario Party, Guitar Hero, that kinda shit.

Fusion

Quote from: [Kira] on April 03, 2008, 09:14:20 PM
If they were being revolutionary and not trying to keep the old fanbase, then why the fuck are there X and Zero suits that are so close to the "originals" that it's not even funny? Why did they stick to the more traditional gameplay?

You obviously haven't analyzed the whole concept behind ZX and ZXA.

DMK

What about No More Heros?

It wasn't nesscarly a bad game and the way it was made didn't seem to just go towards a casual gamer much less the Nintendo "kiddy" like audience either.

Robert the small

He said successful, and No More Heroes sadly sold like shit.

DMK

Really?

Damn, Suda's games are always good and get overlooked. Just like Killer 7 and I bet thanks to that no one got the reference to the one gun in Resident Evil 4.

Oh well.  ::)

Jesuszilla