• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 03:37:29 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

We're doomed

Started by The_None, May 25, 2008, 10:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_None

I feel sorry for the British and for the French

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

K.O.D

KoopaKoot

Click Here.

The_None

March 17, 2009, 10:01:50 AM #65 Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 12:27:39 PM by The_None
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/03/were-not-releasing-acta-docs-says-us-again.ars
http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/09/03/16/0945237.shtml

Allright, we may have seen this coming with putting that jack-ass who contributed to both the DMCA AND that PRO-IP bill Bush signed in the VP position, being from the same turf as the idiot who signed the DMCA (which could've been a good thing if it didn't became somewhat abused) and some other stuff, but consider this a serious warning:Are you really that stupid enough to drive us all to The KKK? I am dead fucking serious about that.

I may have overreacted a bit, but I have a horrible feeling about this.

Also cue that The Who song....

Jesuszilla

The DMCA was a GOOD thing, dude. Chill.

Insanius

The DMCA didn't really have a method of enforcement so it didn't do much.

Fusion

What I think is that Copyright needs to be reworked, or just given a complete reset entirely.  We grew up in an age where we were taught that sharing your things was okay, and as a matter of fact was required. 

We were taught to share, but we share and we're criminals for doing it?

Copyright law -needs- revision, not addition. 

I'll be glad when the era of the Baby Boomers is over.  To the old people: I don't care how many wars you've been in, you're an old as fuck man running off of the 60s and you wonder why we don't listen to you?

Jesuszilla

Sharing is for communists.

Yzan

Aww, The Commies Get No Love.

Fusion

Fuck, the industry wins again.

"This will cause a flood of court cases. Against all the ISPs. Because if these guys assisted in copyright infringements, then the ISPs also did. This will have huge consequences. The entire development of broadband may be stalled."

The way it's looking, this is going to be the true end of the internet, where it's discarded because of the potential for piracy.  Instead of trying to fit the internet in on the copyright laws, Corporations and media companies choose to abuse their intellectual rights and fine for obscene amounts of damage even IF their target is not directly responsible for crimes.

This is how collectivist a lot of media agencies are, from misinterpreting ad revenue as some sort of infringement, to using dirty methods to try and expose people.

Copyright law by itself simply needs a new revision entirely.  Do away with DMCA, the ACTA, and all related "digital distribution protection" anti-piracy methods.  They're gonna end up targeting people who are completely innocent and protected by law, innocents will go to jail for crimes they didn't commit, and that's why I worry.

You may as well target MySpace's Tom for assisting in the piracy of songs, since there are a lot of Spaces on that site that have full-length high quality songs on a user's playlist that anybody with a Stereo Mix option could just hit record on and have a full copy of a song by the time it's done playing.  You could make it sound like you've did nothing wrong, the equivalent of recording an episode of a TV show with your video camera, but the media collectivists will say otherwise, and will buy their way into victory at your trial.

Insanius

Quote from: Fox McCloud on April 17, 2009, 10:43:47 AM
"This will cause a flood of court cases. Against all the ISPs.

Maybe in other parts of the world, but here in the US we have an established precedent that ISPs are not liable for content posted by users as long as the ISP shows good will and cooperates with take-down requests as soon as possible.
That means that for the most part, our ISPs here are safe.

Also, they haven't won yet.  Wait for the appeal.

Anjel