• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 02:20:27 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

We're doomed

Started by The_None, May 25, 2008, 10:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC2

The amount of mindless McCain fanboyism down here is mind-boggling.  But then again I live in a hick-town part of Texas so it's no surprise.

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Fusion

Under the guide of that bill.

Let's say I have a PC, 360, PS3, Wii, DVD Player, VCR Recorder, a batch of CDs, DVDs with stored backups, USB drives with important business files...

If there were even a shred of possibility that one of those had a pirated MP3, all of those would be confiscated. ALL OF THEM.  Likely not returned to you, either.

What is this?

THEFT.

Jesuszilla

No, more like treating it like CP, which is ridiculous.

K.O.D

Thank goodness I don't live in USA.

The_None

The entire thing - however - sadly makes it easier to let the world-wide counterpart of such douchebagerry (namely the godamn ACTA we've talked about in this topic) pass into the law.

And by the way, the ESA is the new RIAA as well....

UHMEEEEBA

The_None

On a side note, I hope the entire thing will backfire like it happened with the DMCA to McCain....

Fusion

RIAA pledges to stop suing individuals.

But they're instead aiming for ISPs now.

There goes all of file-sharing relating to MP3s and such.

Jesuszilla

Fusion

December 19, 2008, 01:01:01 PM #56 Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 02:19:31 PM by [Matsuda]
They'll sue the ISPs into their agenda.

TorrentFreak's predicting it, too.

The_None

December 20, 2008, 05:33:35 AM #57 Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 09:08:58 AM by The_None
It apears that the 2009 will also give us some Italian guy's effort to "regulate the entire internet", impending the ACTA. (Not surpising, as Italy also gave us this patfhuck who seemingly doesn't want us to grow up at all *cough*JSMugen Forums*cough*.)

*The_None foresees Rikard weeping in shame of his country....*

And besides, RIAA actually claimed to not have sued anybody "for months", while their last recent suit is not even a single month old. With lies taken care of, let me correct this:
Quote from: [Matsuda] on December 19, 2008, 11:29:48 AM
But they're instead also aiming for ISPs now.

Fusion

QuoteSlashDot
by MobyDisk (75490) on Thursday December 04, @07:37PM (#25997105) Homepage

Absolutely! No more allowing people just to connect to the Internet with any address they choose! Instead, I propose some sort of standard Internet Protocol address. And a central organization to assign everyone those addresses. Then, we can have some sort of header on every packet that will describe the source and destination address.

Perhaps we could have a central organization who would assign names to those addresses. And they could standardize the naming schemes, and the protocols the naming servers use!

nahh... that's just too much regulation :)

Very true words.

The_None

We shall not let our guard down, folks.

ACTA Could Make Nonprofit P2Ps Face Criminal Penalties, AS I EXPECTED Won't be suprised if this would make MUGEN and indie scene a jailbait as well.
And look, the EU wants it's own ACTA too. Overkill, anyone?