• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:15:51 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

We're doomed

Started by The_None, May 25, 2008, 10:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

IP address? Oh great, they could NEVER find out who it is with that!

Just try to keep things peaceful.

LegendaryXM90

I still don't get what this thread is about.

~*The Last Quincy*~
~ Sig by [TempesT]

The_None

July 30, 2008, 03:40:48 AM #32 Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:59:25 AM by The_None
This thread is all about how corporate assburgers are willing to crush us, our hopes, our future, and well.... everything fun that's all left in this world.....

Seems like corporate witchthunt seems to be trendy these days, as my own pathethic country has joined France and UK willing to cut the internet from the "filesharers". However, aside from cutting connections, they also want to seize PC's.... That's just....

Not to mention that.... sure, the US of 21st century is the home the shittiest movies of the planet, but they also have some good ones too, while I can't remind a single good 21st century movie that came from my country, it's just pure crap these days. (Though I have yet to see The Pianist....)

Also, couldn't this be a sign that the ACTA will come to life so soon?

Also - as I expected, sadly - The vote for the EU-Wide "thee strikes law" amendments have been passed, but the fight is not over yet, it seems.....

And by the way, whoever said that present copyright laws are depressing and hopeless is spot on.

Jesuszilla

Conduct private investigations? Come on, let's be honest, what company other than possibly EA is gonna go through all that damn trouble just to play detective and catch a few pirates in the process?

Fusion

I read an article about an "i-Patriot Act" a couple of days ago.  It mentioned that it was very similar in nature of execution and has, in fact, been on the backburner just waiting to be pulled but only when the time is appropriate, A.K.A a virtual 9/11.  But if you're like me, you will believe that the idea of a 'virtual 9/11' is entirely IMPOSSIBLE unless it were a completely staged deal.  I'm very sure places like the Pentagon, White House, and every major target at least in the U.S have some kind of routinely updated backup so that if their databases ARE wiped, the system backups that aren't networked can be used to restore everything in a day or so.

Still, don't hold your tongue, spread this around.

Jesuszilla

Robert the small

You realize it'd be highly likely Obama would be anti-piracy if he went into office as well?  I don't think copying software and making the developers and producers of games lose money is very good policy.

Jesuszilla

I really do find it strange that you'd be so concerned with American politics when you live in Poland, The_None.

Insanius

The EU tends to play follow the leader with the US when it suits them.

Fusion

Not quite matching with the theme of the topic, but...

You remember those troubles with the economy with companies screwing theirselves over?  The bailout plan designed to keep that from happening has just been kicked aside.

I stand in agreement that this bill shouldn't pass, it's a get out of jail free card for those dumb idiots who like to mortgage everything they own and live like millionaires even though they only make enough to be middle-class.  Better yet, it's also the Banks' fault for letting those dumbasses get away with it in the first place.

Jesuszilla

Indeed, but at the same time, our economy, as well as those of other countries, might be screwed if they don't get out.

It's certainly no easy situation.

Fusion

If there's going to be a bailout, I'd rather it be based around the fact that it'll be for people my age.  They've done a lot of crap that we, as a generation, are going to have to clean up.  It's their fault, they're just gonna make US do the work for them.

To hell with the rich people class.  Even though I live a fairly big life, I tell you that it isn't easy nor is it as satisfying as it sounds.

Jesuszilla

It's the republicans' fault. Funnily enough, they're trying to pin it on the democrats.

Oh, and if any of you are going to listen to news, just in case you're still ignorant, Fox News is nothing but republican bullshit. Although I alway thought it best to watch and read multiple news sources, Fox News you definitely need to stay away from concerning the current issues. All they're doing right now is bashing Obama.

Fusion

That's why I trust Keith Olbermann.

"Fixed News"
"Fox Noise"

Or as some people on another forum call it...

"Faux News"