• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 07:52:15 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

A thought: Nintendo forgetting something?

Started by Fusion, March 31, 2008, 03:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert the small

You can turn off items in double dash, actually.

Jango

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz8NVlCTJmQ <---Neon's true Identiy is revealed to be none other than the Gorillaz's Murdoc!

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: [Kira] on March 31, 2008, 10:50:14 PM
Neon, are you fat?

No. What does that have to do with anything?

Anyways, point I was trying to make is I think F-Zero is a better series.

Fusion

April 01, 2008, 11:34:02 AM #18 Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:35:34 AM by [Matsuda]
Quote from: uɐɯ ƃuıʞoɯs ǝʇʇǝɹɐƃıɔ on March 31, 2008, 10:11:03 PM
No seriously man, you hold the drift button and now it does the whole sparking shit for you. They also made it harder to do on straight aways so you can't spam it as much, making the game easier for casuals.

Of course, computers will still probably item hack so...

You'd say I item hacked if I held on to an item without your knowing.  The newer Mario Kart games are designed so that it doesn't look like item hacking, and the item system works the same for them as it does for you.

Now, if you want item hacking, go back to Super Mario Kart, where Bowser would fire off a fire ball ahead of you if you were in front of you.  What's so wrong about that?  You could never get that fireball even if you played as Bowser or even with the random items.

UHMEEEEBA

Well yeah of course Super Mario Kart was worse, they still hack items though so it's really not that big of an improvement if the computer has to cheat to win (let's not get started on acceleration hacking).

Fusion

Eh, I don't find them to 'hack' items that often.  I only find the items to be hacks.  No way to dodge a red shell fired at you?  Nor a blue shell?

UHMEEEEBA

The Blue Shell is the single worst video game item ever. Not only is it useless to anyone who gets it because they have to be in a low place to do so, it totally douches over the person in first no legitimate reason. Basically makes it easier for the CPU's rubberband AI to hack more.

Fusion

It's probably for the speed-boosting tricks. 

Therefore, I shall coin the phrase:

True Mario Karters use Classic Controllers

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: [Matsuda] on April 01, 2008, 10:46:05 PM
It's probably for the speed-boosting tricks. 

Therefore, I shall coin the phrase:

True Mario Karters use GCN Controllers

Fixed.

Jesuszilla

Quote from: uɐɯ ƃuıʞoɯs ǝʇʇǝɹɐƃıɔ on April 01, 2008, 09:40:21 PM
The Blue Shell is the single worst video game item ever. Not only is it useless to anyone who gets it because they have to be in a low place to do so, it totally douches over the person in first no legitimate reason. Basically makes it easier for the CPU's rubberband AI to hack more.

You suck.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Robert the small

Dude, the Blue Shell is awesome.  Sandbag early on, get the first 3 people caught in it, and go foward.

UHMEEEEBA

I stand by my statement, the Blue Shell can kiss my ass.

Fusion

April 03, 2008, 11:34:16 AM #28 Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 11:47:01 AM by [Matsuda]
Sometimes the A.I is dumb enough to NOT avoid the blast radius of the Blue Shell, and as such, will try to pass you while you're still reeling from the effects of it (and the blast wave is also still there).  They'll get hit too, and you can take your spot back.

Also, I have decided that it's not Nintendo who's forgetting something about their audience, it's Capcom who is.

Jesuszilla

April 03, 2008, 04:07:58 PM #29 Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 04:09:53 PM by [Kira]
Capcom's actually just trying to appeal to a larger audience. Not saying it's a good thing, but it would be bad business practice to risk losing TONS of money on a game by only targeting what audience they already have.

Just try to keep things peaceful.