• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:16:38 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

General gaming news

Started by Jesuszilla, April 11, 2012, 06:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

Mine is Jesuszilla.

We should definitely get together and try some stuff with trainers in GTAIV.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

K.O.D

July 19, 2012, 04:19:49 AM #61 Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:00:24 AM by K.O.D
Sent invite. I only have the EFLC games not GTA IV.

Jesuszilla

Valve concentrating development for linux, calls Windows 8 a "catastrophe."

He also thinks the touch screen stuff is a fad that will soon wear off.

Really I think it's a bit of an overreaction since I think most will stick with Windows 7 the same way everyone stuck with 98 when ME came out.

Brandy Bogard

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/30/psa-possible-security-risk-in-some-ubisoft-pc-games/

QuoteWe're currently investigating the full extent of this, but moralising and recrimination can come later. For now, the important thing is to warn folks who have certain Ubisoft games installed on their PCs that an apparent backdoor has been discovered in the Uplay infrastructure/DRM which may in theory allow any anyone so minded to install God knows what horrors on your PC. It isn't confirmed as definite, but certainly proof of concept code is calling up Uplay windows and then loading other programs from websites that have nothing to do with Ubisoft. If Uplay is on your PC, I urge you to uninstall it and any games that use it immediately, until we know more.]We're currently investigating the full extent of this, but moralising and recrimination can come later. For now, the important thing is to warn folks who have certain Ubisoft games installed on their PCs that an apparent backdoor has been discovered in the Uplay infrastructure/DRM which may in theory allow any anyone so minded to install God knows what horrors on your PC. It isn't confirmed as definite, but certainly proof of concept code is calling up Uplay windows and then loading other programs from websites that have nothing to do with Ubisoft. If Uplay is on your PC, I urge you to uninstall it and any games that use it immediately, until we know more.

BOTCH

COMEDY GOLD
HILARITY BRONZE
RISIBLE IRON
SATIRE URANIUM
HUMOR COPPER
SIDE-SPLITTING PLATINUM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jesuszilla

Well, seems like Nintendo is losing power pretty quickly...

They may become SEGA after the WiiU, but then again, ZombiU actually looks pretty fun.

Also
Ashens & Ubisoft at Gamescom

UHMEEEEBA

To be fair Nintendo hasn't had anything to do with the production of Nintendo Power since 2007 when they sold the magazine rights to some other guys (who produce pretty much many tech related magazine in the US including the official XBox  and Playstation magazines) but now have decided not to renew the license or even make it an online publication.

Guess they asked for too much from Nintendo or something in the negotiations.

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jesuszilla

September 15, 2012, 03:49:02 AM #68 Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 03:50:46 AM by Jesuszilla
Quote from: EA spokesman John ReseburgThis is a predictable subterfuge aimed at diverting attention from Zynga's persistent plagiarism of other artists and studios. Zynga would be better served trying to hold onto the shrinking number of employees they've got, rather than suing to acquire more.
EA just ripped Zynga a new one. Self-loathing playa haters is actually rooting for EA now, and rightfully so.

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jesuszilla

Seems like a stupid app, but I do find it funny that they basically just made an app for their competition's hardware.

Brandy Bogard

Yeah. I wonder what's keeping them from putting it on WP7? Other than that being shit.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Tyrannosaurus Reich