• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 02:23:29 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Nintendo 3DS recieves an $80 price slash

Started by UHMEEEEBA, July 28, 2011, 11:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

July 28, 2011, 11:42:07 AM Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:36:23 PM by Jesuszilla
It will now cost $170 effective August 12th. Those who purchased the system at the full $250 get some free games as a consolation prize.

Kind of uncommon for a system out for only four months to have such a radical price cut.

Fusion

Well, the 3DS is selling pretty poorly.  Though, other companies haven't been so helpful in that regard.

Jesuszilla

Has this ever been done, like, ever? I got a feeling this may end up like the VirtualBoy... After all, they both have the same rap name.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

July 29, 2011, 04:29:25 PM #3 Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:39:28 PM by UHMEEEEBA
It's not that uncommon, but in most cases that's due to competitor systems being launched not a reactionary measure to a future launch such as the Vita. If you take Nintendo's PR seriously they claim they have no competition right now as the Vita is still on the horizon and they don't consider mobile phones to be competitor. Which is stupid just about everyone needs a phone so that's where the DS's casual market is bleeding to, which Nintendo pretty much put their money on keeping.

Nintendo is clearly worried though, Iwata took the blame personally earlier today and halved his annual salary as an apology to the investors.

Add to that Nintendo is now playing down the importance of the 3D aspect of the system and it's no wonder game devs are dropping it, it's because Nintendo isn't even confident in it anymore.

UHMEEEEBA

Jesuszilla

AHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? is that their solution to a second analog stick?

I'll laugh even harder if in the 3DS it's just for a handful of games.

Koakuma

It's for the upcoming Monster Hunter game... and that's about it.

UHMEEEEBA

It could be used in the future for other things seeing how Nintendo themselves is making the device. It's Nintendo we're talking about they love making pointless peripherals for things.

Even if it is used for only one thing it still doesn't take away the fact it's hilarious and ugly as hell.

Koakuma

If Nintendo releases another extension to it called the 3DS2X, I fucking give up on life.

Fusion

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on September 07, 2011, 12:31:34 PM
Bumping this thread because it's the newest 3DS one we have and this is just too fucking hilarious to not post.

I would be sensible, but I think the sillier thing would be to go...

BEHOLD MY TRUE FORM, AND DESPAAAAAAAAAAIR!

Jesuszilla

... reminds me, there were a ton of peripherals for the Gameboy, has anyone made a Gameboy tower?

UHMEEEEBA

Most of the Gameboy peripherals all plug in the same spots so I doubt it.

Jesuszilla

I dunno you could get that rumble pack/speaker I had + gamesharks + gameboy camera + gameboy printer...

UHMEEEEBA

Never had a camera or the rumble pack so I don't know about those, but a lot of the older stuff was mutually exclusive since they connected in the same holes in the side of the system. Not for electrical purposes, I mean the holes on the back that look like they have no function that's what they were for.

Jango

Quote from: Jesuszilla on September 11, 2011, 10:54:29 PM
I dunno you could get that rumble pack/speaker I had + gamesharks + gameboy camera + gameboy printer...
Can't forget this baby that bricked when I caught a Missingno and saved my file onto it. I was a stupid, stupid child.