• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 01:00:16 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

We're doomed

Started by The_None, May 25, 2008, 10:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_None

Jesuszilla

YouTube is starting to piss me off more and more each day.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Jango

TOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIII... errr...

CONSTANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Insanius

UHMEEEEBA

I fucking hate shit like that.

Fusion

It's times like these that make me rethink my stance on genocide.

UHMEEEEBA

Deleted User

wonder if they made any money at all from it.

UHMEEEEBA

There's a sucker born every minute, so probably.

Jango

Quote from: Fox McCloud on April 27, 2010, 10:03:15 PM
It's times like these that make me rethink my stance on genocide.

On what?  :what:

Jesuszilla

Fusion

The problem with policing the internet isn't that nobody has done it, it's the circumstances and structure of the internet itself that make it hard to police in general.  Put simply, policing the internet especially in the way of that bill only paves the way for more problems, not less.

Digital policing is incredibly difficult.  We don't have the resources nor infrastructure to police it correctly.  If you wanted to protect copyright, you would probably have a "filter" that each file ran through and was scanned for matching data.  The problem is that this would make it too easy for someone to put in a bunch of dummy data that would match, say, a known DVD Rip or ISO.  Enough to trip the system and send the police after you.

Then we'd reach the point where you'd be fined for something that wasn't even there.  It's horribly impractical, and an insult to privacy.  No old senator is ever going to get the message because naturally, they accept sponsorships which might as well be called "bribes" at this point.

Fusion

This only reinforces my point.

Prosecuting for a thought crime is the only way to "end" piracy.  But it's also the way to end privacy and the definite end of a fair justice system.  Everything done on a computer qualifies as "reasonable suspicion" at the very least.  If you do not have a security camera and an ongoing set of footage, how are you going to prove that it wasn't you at the controls of the computer when your annoying friend decided to look up where he find torrent the latest movie?  In the court of law, even?

The U.S. Government and figures all around the world choose to make the Internet a liability and not a resource.

Jesuszilla

June 23, 2010, 05:48:53 PM #224 Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:52:08 PM by Jesuszilla
Quote from: Joe BidenIt's smash and grab, no different than a guy walking down Fifth Avenue and smashing the window at Tiffany's and reaching in and grabbing what's in the window.
That's right, in order to download a song off the Internet, I used violence and destroyed somebody's property in order to get to it. I then brute-forced the artist's bank account password and stole $1 from it. Oh dear lord, how is a millionaire gonna order off the Dollar Menu at McDonald's now?!

I am such a violent criminal. They ought to arrest me and then throw my sorry ass in prison.