• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 04:28:33 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Started by Neon_Tiger, May 22, 2007, 02:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

You think too cosmetically, Neon.

It's the depth of the gameplay that's important to me.

Jesuszilla

Sure, but when I'm kicking ass I ALWAYS need some good music to go with it.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

I doesn't matter how good the gameplay is if the music is so bad you don't want to play it.

Jesuszilla

Speaking of Fox, I just remembered that they kind of made him a bit useless in Melee. How useless do you think they'll make him in Brawl? I remember he kicked serious ASS in the N64 version.

Robert the small

Quote from: .\/. on August 09, 2007, 11:44:31 AM
Speaking of Fox, I just remembered that they kind of made him a bit useless in Melee. How useless do you think they'll make him in Brawl? I remember he kicked serious ASS in the N64 version.
Fox useless in Melee? I laugh.

Anyways, damn, that track sucks, are they even trying now?

UHMEEEEBA

Jesuszilla

August 10, 2007, 09:31:08 AM #126 Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 09:32:55 AM by .\/.
Robah: Basically what I'm saying is they dumbed him down dramatically from his N64 counterpart.

The Franklin Badge.... Okay that's going to both piss off people who fight Fox and those who use Fox. Why? Because he's going to basically have DOUBLE protection.

Robert the small

Quote from: .\/. on August 10, 2007, 09:31:08 AM
Robah: Basically what I'm saying is they dumbed him down dramatically from his N64 counterpart.
Dumbed down, maybe, but they made him one of the cheapest characters in the game by doing that.

UHMEEEEBA

I thought the Franklin Badge's design looked familiar. That's cause it's design is based on the old promotional item.

Just thought it was interesting.

Jesuszilla

August 13, 2007, 02:10:56 AM #129 Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 03:03:53 AM by .\/.
And today we have.......................... a Pokémon Trainer. Oh come the fuck ON, Nintendo.

Though this is certainly a.... Different concept.

UHMEEEEBA

August 13, 2007, 04:37:29 AM #130 Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:35:12 AM by Gilgamesh
No, it's just Sheik Plus with a character in the back ground.

Whoppie. This also means Charizard retired from being a Pokeball item.

... also they can milk this guy for ever for updates:
2 Special Move updates for each Pokemon, at least one final smash.

House wins?

Fusion

This will definitely be interesting to play as.  We can't hit the trainer, but it's the Pokemon that'll be doing the fighting.  Very very interesting indeed.

In terms of character predictions, I'm expecting Ray-01 of the Custom Robo series (the most recognizable of the Ray models due to it's detail) to be in Brawl for some reason.

UHMEEEEBA

August 13, 2007, 10:25:02 AM #132 Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:36:32 AM by Gilgamesh
I'd suspect they'd put SOMEONE or SOMETHING from the Famicom/Gameboy/Super Famicom/Advance Wars series in the game. Only reason it might not happen is to avoid a T rating somehow. Andy with his wrench seems like the likely subject...

I guess Ridley has slightly less chances with Charizard now, while were still on that subject because two dragons might be two much... BUT it also increases his chances cause they've some how nerfed Charizard's flying ability have they not? Meaning they could do the same to Mr. R.

Most likely the three Pokeeemans (we really need some Cosby in this here thread) will function the following way:
Squirtle: Fastest, weakest in terms of strength. Therefore if Melee rules apply he will be high tier.
Ivysaur: Well Rounded.
Charizard: Slowest, yet strongest. Likely has the best recovery move.

I wonder how the Pokemon trainer is going to work in area's with moving Backgrounds, somehow I don't see him jumping...

Also,

What the hell are you doing Fox?

Fusion

He'll probably be positioned on a hovering platform.

UHMEEEEBA

That works I guess.

Now that just leaves how Ivysaur will use items.

Specifically the Hammer.