• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 05:04:43 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Started by Neon_Tiger, May 22, 2007, 02:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

The Fire Emblem series was always like that. Really Jesus I can understand you not liking it but you should have done some research just cause they have swords doesn't mean it's an RPG.

Anyways, I'm more glad they put Ike in because Path of Radiance was a floor fad last year, among Klaptraps, Spartacus, etc.

UHMEEEEBA

I would like to revise my statement about the stage variety.

This stage looks decent enough anyways. The games stages have some hope after all it looks.

Also to the underground, AWAY!

... come to think of didn't I use to claim to have a Capone Mobile in IRC?

Jesuszilla

Can't believe I totally forgot about that stage as well.

And what the hell is a Capcone Mobile?

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

It was a failed reference, I really don't know what I was thinking I was groggy this morning, I apologize.

Robert the small

The newest update has to be one of the best so far?  Sidescrolling story mode?  Sign me up!

Jesuszilla

August 03, 2007, 06:33:27 AM #95 Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 06:38:23 AM by イエスジラ

Am I the only one who thought of that one stage from DMMZ when they saw this?

Fusion

And just like that... IT seemed like we had gotten a glimpse of SSBB Peach.

UHMEEEEBA

August 03, 2007, 09:18:53 AM #97 Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 09:33:51 AM by Gilgamesh
For all that is right with the world, I hope they don't put Eggplant Wizard in the Kid Icarus stage...

Edit: And put Klaptrap in the DK stage, lots of them so TMF can't finish it.

Fusion

So, this is the confirmed list as of so far:

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Captain Falcon (because of Samurai Goroh)
Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Solid Snake

Jesuszilla

16, all completely unique. I like where this is going.

UHMEEEEBA

August 05, 2007, 11:55:32 AM #100 Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 11:58:32 AM by Gilgamesh
There was a report somewhere in Gamepro a Zelda designer slipped on working new designs for Sheik and Ganondorf in Brawl, I'm too lazy to come up with a link, doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Furthermore, Zero Suit Samus and Samus are the same character*, Nintendo is treating them as two on the site for hype purposes like they did with Zelda/Sheik in the last game.

Also you forgot Peach and Meta-Knight.

*This implies another Metroid character, as it's too big of a franchise now to only have one character.

Jesuszilla

Ridley is also going to be in, or at least that's what was said a while back.

UHMEEEEBA

I believe that was a rumor and was disproved shortly thereafter.

That's not to say Ridley doesn't have good chances, it's either him or Dark Samus really, and well Dark Samus is probably the second* worse implementation of the "ZOMG Doppelgänger!" cliche that's been done to death so many times it's just not good anymore. The fact that there had ALREADY been the SA-X further makes Dark Samus oh so lame..

If they DO go the Dark Samus route, we can only hope she has a Metroid Prime inspired move set or something, maybe the Boost Ball.

*The worse is Shadow the Hedgehog, bar none.

Fusion

I agree with you there, Neon about Shadow.  I get so sick of everybody saying "OMG SHADOW IS A L33T H4XX0R" I ask why, and they say "I DUNNO HES JUST AWESOM!1!!11!"

On a side note, I do think Dark Samus should be in.  But, unfortunately, Ridley's a far better choice as I don't think Nintendo had much of a hand in making Dark Samus.  Ridley has been part of the Metroid series for some time now, but getting him to play right without constantly flying all of the time will be a challenge.

I'd say the SA-X should be in Brawl.  Model clone of Samus, yes.  But it'd be cool to see Samus-X under the suit, only for the suit to liquify and regenerate around it.

Jesuszilla