• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 09:59:22 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Started by Neon_Tiger, May 22, 2007, 02:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

NoA probably still thinks there's no market for Earthbound.

UHMEEEEBA

I'd imagine they're still bitter on how much money they spent promoting the game compared to how well it did.

It only became really popular after the first Smash.

Jesuszilla

Just like all their other games that aren't Mario, Zelda, or Pokémon. Not listing Kirby because nobody cared about him until Smash Bros. either.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

April 11, 2008, 07:14:34 PM #1158 Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 07:26:38 PM by Null set
Superstar actually sold fairly well compared to how it was marketed.

Also, what the hell. The stupidity of you sexuals never ceases to amaze me.

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

April 11, 2008, 07:39:27 PM #1160 Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 03:03:11 PM by Null set
Just a little "interesting" factoid. The probability of tripping increases proportionally to how much you're winning by.

Being a Jigglypuff user I laugh, for Jigglypuff only spends enough time on the ground to jump.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Speaking of which, POST MORE SCREENSHOTS OF PEACH'S PANTIES

UHMEEEEBA

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Jango

Jesuszilla

April 17, 2008, 12:05:59 AM #1165 Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 01:21:23 AM by [Kira]
DRAMATIC ZOOM

oh also the blog officially died on Monday

Fusion

Okay, so I -do- have something I can rant about in this game:  The obvious tiering of Final Smashes and the features of the online play.

The first is the incredibly biased tiers of Final Smashes.  Anybody who's played Brawl knows that someone who's hit by Ike's Great Aether at %0 almost always gets K.O'd no matter the situation.  Kirby's FS is also nigh-undodgeable, almost precise timing required to avoid the pot of death which deals random damage and is a most likely kill for certain.  For example, there's pretty much no way to avoid Peach's Final Smash at all.  At least, I haven't found one.   Captain Falcon's smash is almost worthless because it is so damn easy to dodge, and let's face it: The Landmasters are the cheapest bunch of Final Smashes ever.  Wario Man is just Wario only a lot more broken in combos, Giga Bowser isn't as useful as you'd think he would be... There's just obvious tiering of Final Smashes no matter how diverse they may be.  Snake's for instance completely removes you from the battlefield and allows you to fire at your opponents from a distance where he can't be hit.  Some matches I've played another person won simply because they got a Final Smash.

Now, as for the online play, there's a much bigger issue at hand: The lack of any kind of rank system.  Why isn't there one?  Nintendo should've realized that there'd be multiple skill levels of player!  I don't want to fight nothing but tourneyfags who play Pikachu, Sheik, and Metaknight who juggle me around like I'm a damn toy.  I'd rather fight along my skill level and develop, but it seems that only the basic functionalities are good enough for Nintendo since, as usual, they skimped out on the Online features, and no matter how good they may look, they are still incredibly basic.  Very basic, in terms of data actually kept it's far less than Mario Kart DS ever had, and Mario Kart DS was the -first- Nintendo game to use Wi-Fi.  Was Online really an exciting feature or just an afterthought?

Also, the tier list made by Smashboards is ass-backwards.  It should compensate for the abusable moves the characters have.

Claws

Quote from: [Matsuda] on April 17, 2008, 07:52:45 AM
Anybody who's played Brawl knows that someone who's hit by Ike's Great Aether at %0 almost always gets K.O'd no matter the situation.
...I've survived Ike's Great Aether at >25% many times with heavy weights (Snake, King Dedede), and I've survived with Kirby at 0%.
Kirby's FS is also nigh-undodgeable, almost precise timing required to avoid the pot of death which deals random damage and is a most likely kill for certain.
Ike's easily survived it with 50%.
For example, there's pretty much no way to avoid Peach's Final Smash at all.  At least, I haven't found one.   
MASH. MASH MASH MASHY MASH. To be a bit more exact, button mashing awakens oneself, and Peach can't charge up a smash strong enough to kill most characters fast enough before the victim-to-be awakens. Characters also never fall asleep in mid-air, so...

Also, the tier list made by Smashboards is ass-backwards.  It should compensate for the abusable moves the characters have.
Consider that there's mainly obsession over finding out how to become good with one character again, as many people have little more then a passing idea of how good/bad are certain characters now beyond a buff/nerf. Characters like Kirby, DK, Samus, Yoshi, Ice Climbers etc. are mostly wildly jumping up and down the lists, so of course the lists'll be bad right now.
And the whole reason King Dedede's high up on the majority of lists is the very abusable chain grab he's got, and the whole shine trap with Fox, etc.

UHMEEEEBA

This reminds me, Fail Aether.

Not as good as Failmaster.

Jesuszilla