• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 05:31:48 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

We're doomed

Started by The_None, May 25, 2008, 10:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insanius

The_None

Brandy Bogard

You mean the corporations in control of the government.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The_None

Turns out the current Polish president has one thing in common with Spoony's moderation thing - he does not accept criticism. (In Polish)

Basically there was one satire site critical of him, and said site's owner got his house raided by the local equivalent of the FBI. He got his laptop, hard drive, flash disk and even camera card taken away from him. Oddly enough, he has yet to be charged for libel, yet he closed the site anyway, and knowing the state of life (and especially the government's true intentions), they would surely shove him to the jail for 3 years.

The fact that the previous (almost just as bad, to be noted) President also had a site critical of him that was active until the plane crash that killed him (and still live today) is utterly pathetic. Speaking of, his brother - who surely would do the same thing back when he was a prime minister - now sprouts that "the government can't even tolerate the freedom of Internet anymore". I'm not sure whenever to call if sad or even just outright scary.

Brandy Bogard

FLUMMOX REGARDING THE TOLERANCE OF CRITICISM!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The_None

Brandy Bogard

Spain's next on the pro-file sharing genocide list.

The worst part is that the US is encouraging this.  :johnface:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Fusion

June 11, 2011, 09:37:34 AM #309 Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:41:03 AM by Fox McCloud
They call it piracy because they aren't making money off of it.

Then again, that's what happens when you let the stupid people lead.

Though on the other side, we have to remember that this was probably called on by a music\movie industry official.  Unless MUGEN goes 3D and everybody ports from MK9, I don't think there's any real danger outside of the typical C&D... Which is what a reasonable legal team would do.

Fusion

Yeah, my turn.

RIAA attempts to prove that PROTECT IP is needed by using things unrelated to them.

This shows RIAA's lack of competence regarding the internet in general.  For one, LulzSec wasn't a very powerful force, and if anything it makes more sense to advocate that the affected companies need to boost their security, NOT try to paint it like "We need this bill or stuff like this will keep happening!"  That's not how Network security works.  At all.

Upon this, I realize that the global economy must change to accommodate for this.  There's too much of a focus on making a profit, to the point it's "do or die".  It's why the US Economy is in such trouble, everybody's hoarding the money and putting none of it back, only to cost cut when they don't need to and put out the same kind of junk we had so long ago.

Brandy Bogard

The RIAA is a fucking terrorist group.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Brandy Bogard

July 19, 2011, 10:45:04 PM #312 Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 10:49:37 PM by Brandy Bogard
Suppressed Report Found Busted Pirate Site Users Were Good Consumers

QuoteObviously it would be of great interest to see the report in full, but it appears that is not going to be possible. According to an anonymous GfK source quoted by Telepolis, the findings of the study proved so unpleasant to the company that commissioned the survey that it has now been locked away "in the poison cupboard."

For obvious reasons. You can bet the company that commisioned it is a record company or movie studio.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Brandy Bogard

This isn't really bad, I'm just posting it here because it's relevant to the subject. Linked because huge image.

http://www.infoanarchy.org/en/upload/7/75/Download_Disobedience_-_US_Schools.png
[spoiler][/spoiler]