• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:28:30 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Just how screwed am I?

Started by Fusion, July 31, 2007, 07:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

Okay, last night, it was coming up a thunderstorm.  Anybody should know that I HATE THUNDERSTORMS WITH A PASSION.  My mother thinks it's a childish hatred, but I've been taught for so long that I -had- to unplug if a thunderstorm came up unless it was at school, or work, or some other place.

Anyway, in my fury of unplugging the computer, I inadvertently pull out the entire outlet from the wall.  I didn't break any wires, just pulled out the outlet.  Technically, the outlet can still be used, it's just hanging out of the floor with a somewhat torn wall.

My mother says "I don't know if an Electrician can fix that" and she forgot that she was the one who insisted taking out the wall between my two rooms (they're next to each other) saying fully well that the Electrician could more than handle re-routing wires between the walls.

As such, I've been banned off my PC because of this, and she doesn't seem to want to fix the damage, even though I've effectively cancelled my order of Diet MegaMan Zero Advent (I was going to get it, damn it) to pay for the damages, she still sees fit to ground me because of "my attitude."

I want to say "What if you had to put your books away every time a thunderstorm came up?  You wouldn't be too happy about it if you were reading a good book." But all she'll say is "Putting a book away doesn't involve pulling out the wall."

She's also completely ignored and disregarded the fact I openly admitted I did something stupid and uses it against me.  Something she should be proud of: Me.  Admitting a stupidly dumb mistake.  I've had a habit of not telling dumb things, and now she does this.  Way to help me with morale!

Although I think we both handled it bad, I was blind from anger towards the entire -world- at that point it happened, and she was blind from the action I took.

So yeah, right now I'm pretty pissed off at myself (I was literally hitting myself last night as punishment, since my mother never does and hasn't for, well, more than 16 years now) and at the world.  Not so much at my mother.  I can cope with this, but I don't know if anybody else can.

I've also come to question my own sanity, as recently I've had thoughts about, of all things, suicide.  None of them lasted long enough for anything to happen, but it's the thoughts that have me worried about myself.

So tell me, just how screwed am I?  And if you have a definite way to help me end things for the better, do tell!

Jesuszilla

You said the outlet still works right? Why fix it? Sure it may look like crap and all but really it's not a big deal.

If anything your mom sounds a lot like mine. Makes mountains out of molehills, won't fucking be reasonable nor will listen to reason, and always thinks she's right.

Suicide? Please I know you're better than that. What you ought to do is just move the fuck out. If you're tired of her shit, move the fuck out. Despite how hard it may be for you I guarantee you you probably won't be as stressed having to deal with her bullshit.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

shiro

I understand totally. My mother takes molehills and somehow turns them into volcanoes much in the same way yours does. The best thing I think you can do is to try to avoid doing the things that set her off as much as you can. When mistakes happen, take them for what they are, apologize, and let her continue the argument with herself. She'll eventually stop when she realizes she can't carry on by herself.

As far as the outlet goes if the plate came off and the wires are still attached all you should have to do is put the plate on the wall again.

Suicide should never be an option. Although things may seem hard now, a part of what makes us who we are is taking our life experiences and finding some way to apply them to our lives in positive ways. Can't do that if you're dead, and who knows, your story might one day help someone in your position.

Moving out might not be an option though. Do you have someone else who's willing to take you in until you become of age? If not, you'll just have to tough it out for two more years. Trust me, it'll be worth it.