• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 10:57:49 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Heyas just joined the community after seeing it on Youtube

Started by Alik, July 24, 2007, 04:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alik

I've been looking to try and download this but I cant seem to find anything except one that only has three characters (that are all the same)

I'm not computer illiterate but i have no clue how to expand the program to have characters like optimus prime in it (i think theres also various versions and i think i may have an old one)

If someone could please hook me up with an up to date MUGEN or show me how to do it on my own I'd be Extremely grateful ^^ thnx!^^/

a sig i borrowed from killing ifrit lol the guy at the wheel is ff11 charrie looks like^^

Jesuszilla

The site where you can get WinMUGEN is located here. Download the No limit Winmugen patch. You can find screenpacks, characters, etc. by searching a database such as Random Select. Their database was recently down, but they are slowly rebuilding it.

To add characters, etc. it is explained in the docs and in the select.def located in your data folder. We also have a few of our own creations available in the Downloads section of our site.

Have fun! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Alik

ok now im starting to think im computer illiterate i looked at the faqs and my eyes just glazed over i dont understand at all what theyre talking about ;-; i DL'd this forums svc zero and added it to the characters folder but still cant select zero

I thought it had everything the program needed in there already?

a sig i borrowed from killing ifrit lol the guy at the wheel is ff11 charrie looks like^^

UHMEEEEBA

You need to edit mugen's select.def file in the data folder.

Alik

im not sure i understand, am i altering the notepad text itself? i typed cvszero, stages/kfm.def as a test but nothing happened am i missing something? (sorry im really a newb at this stuff)

Alik

yeah i did i might just make a screenie and show you what i did in a bit

Jesuszilla

Did you try to install any new screenpacks? That may be the problem.

UHMEEEEBA

You made sure to put in under [Characters] and above [Extra Stages] right? Cause other wise Mugen won't know what you're doing.

Alik

right above extra stages and no i didnt unload screenpacks whats that and how do i do it?

Alik

Jesuszilla

To change screenpacks look for a line that looks like this:
; Not accessible in options screen
motif = data/system.def

Change that to the directory in which your new screenpack is located, if you want to do that. But let's try to add characters to the default screenpack first, shall we?

Open select.def in Notepad:
Quote;Insert your characters below.

Look for that line. Put the character you want right under that.

Alik

im just cutting and pasting a chunk of it but heres what i put

;You can also add a randomize icon to the select screen. To do
;this, put the word "randomselect" on a line of its own, with no
;extra parameters.
;
;Insert your characters below.

kfm, stages/kfm.def
kfm, stages/kfm.def
kfm, stages/kfm.def
cvszero, stages/kfm.def
;-----------------------

I unzipped the folder to both char folder and the data folder but i did rename the folder idk if that makes a dif the files inside are same name though

UHMEEEEBA

Try putting in an enter space after the cvszero entry.

Alik

fm, stages/mybg.def, order=3
;
;You can also add a randomize icon to the select screen. To do
;this, put the word "randomselect" on a line of its own, with no
;extra parameters.
;
;Insert your characters below.

kfm, stages/kfm.def
kfm, stages/kfm.def
kfm, stages/kfm.def
cvszero, stages/kfm.def

;-----------------------
[ExtraStages]

thats what i have now but still noting? is there anything else besides this i have to do?