• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:07:22 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

OMFG IT IS TEH WII IT SUCKS MY WII LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Started by Neon_Tiger, March 20, 2007, 11:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Remember when I said the Wii's controller lends itself to bad ideas? Well, of the recently released games let's take a look at their press averages:

Wing Island: 4.0
Cooking Mama: Cook Off: 5.8
TMNT: 6.0
Kororinpa: Marble Mania: 6.5
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition: 7.7

Xbar = 6.0
Standard Deviation = 1.19833217431562

Now, I don't know how grades are done where you live, but that's failing just about everywhere. Now this may be a small sample size, but still I must now laugh.

OMFG IT IS TEH WII IT SUCKS MY WII LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Jesuszilla

Funny how none of those games had "Zelda," "Wario," "Trauma Center" or "Metal Slug" in the title.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

What part of recently did you not understand?

Furthermore, that's a small percentage of games to the total crap you just threw out there.

Fusion

Of course.  Zelda, Mario and such would of course be biased.  *is actually going to GET Super Paper Mario, because Paper Mario 2 got him into the series*

Rumor is Nintendo's gonna try and compete with Halo 3 for some strange reason.

SAVIOUR OF ORB

Well its not just the remote I don't like its the games except zelda but its better on the gamecube, the graphics aren't a big deal but at least nintendo was honest about that. The system has no solid thrid party support. Their is nothing coming for that system that I would remotly want to play. I'm not going to buy a multiy platform game for the wii when I can get  it on a more powerful system whos target audience isn't mostly childen, parents,  nintendo fans, and maybe some old people.

The only good thing on the wii is the virtual counsel and thats it. 

Jesuszilla

VIRTUAL COUNSEL?

Wasn't aware politics were involved.

Either way, I believe that like the 360 that this just needs some time for better support.

Fusion

Third-party support Ninty's definitely reaching for.  Rumors of new Wii channels, Manhunt 2 being on the Wii.  I'm sure Wii will at least keep 2nd place to the 360, as PS3's looking a little less dignified day by day.

UHMEEEEBA

May 21, 2007, 10:44:35 AM #7 Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 10:57:33 AM by The Justice
VCs prices are still absurd. I'm not paying that much for decade old technology.

Fusion

I guess you don't have money flowing out of your ears like I do.  I just like the experience.

Sure, playing them on the PC is fun, but nothing beats reliving the experience with the TV.  Plus, you are certified accurate emulation.

UHMEEEEBA

Yeah cause you can totally save Course Ghosts in Mario Kart 64...

Oh wait...

Alik

actually wii has great 3rd pty support i think the 3rd pty games are trying to figure out how to use the controller to the furthest they trying to tack on the controls to tried and true formulas which ussually doesnt work.

I have zelda and re4 and re4 was a perfect fit for wii. Spiderman 3 on wii was absolutely horrible as are a number of other wii games.

The wii just seperates the bad game developers from the good ones.

Metroid Prime 3, re UC, DQ are on the horizon and dewey looks interesting, theres a number of great games on the horizon, and i think theyll get better as time goes on

a sig i borrowed from killing ifrit lol the guy at the wheel is ff11 charrie looks like^^

Jesuszilla

Again, it's one of the only two I see that has potential at the moment.

I still need to pick up WarioWare.

Fusion

Lucasarts will -have- to make a first-person lightsaber dueling game.  The Wiimote just FITS that purpose.  Even if it has to be Time Crisis-like, I'd love to, say, fight Darth Maul as Obi-Wan myself.

That would be one of THE MOST awesome Star Wars games ever.  Or perhaps, we could just be stick with another Battlefront if Lucasarts even gives the Wii a thought...

Jesuszilla

Totally agreed. Unlike the Gamecube games I will buy every Star Wars game on the Wii expecting that. It's the best marketing plan they could ever receive.

Alik

what they oughtta do is like in the next zelda game have link mimic your wiimote swing so he swings the sword just like you, that would be cool, and add some incentive to not just twitch the wiimote to slash

a saber star wars game would be cool but im afraid theyd probably make it like starwars the arcade game where you just have to press the directions at the right time :/

a sig i borrowed from killing ifrit lol the guy at the wheel is ff11 charrie looks like^^