• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 07:05:23 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Kof Palette problem

Started by devilgenemugen, May 13, 2013, 06:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilgenemugen

Hi, I am trying to set up my Palette for my character, now I am concentrating on Kyo as I want to follow koopakoot's kof tutorial. Since Kyo have four Palette, I am making three Palettes for start. The three Palettes are alternate colour scheme and they are all directly from kof97:

Since as mention in the tutorial that the original Palette have got a problem, so I am using his alternate color to rip his sprite and makes a Palette to it

All I did was to look through the sprites, to see if any sprites have got a additional colour so I add them together as shown using paint shop pro. Next, I am going to make the Palette by going to image -> decrease color depth -> 256 colors (8-bit) -> Optimized Median Cut and Nearest Color -> Image -> Palette -> Save Palette -> Image -> Palette ->

Edit palette:

The two color, 1st and the pink ones need to swap, double click on the 1st color, it will show this:

Change the RGB to the pink colour which is R:255, G:0, B:255 click on ok, do the same thing for the pink ones, set it to R:0, G:0, B:0 and I get this:

Next, I go to Image -> Palette -> Save palette, if prompt to overwrite, click Yes.
Click the undo button in the standard toolbar, the image will revert the colour back:

before:

after:

Next, I go to Image -> palette -> load palette -> look for my saved pallete name and load it then save the image as pcx file.

So I did the same for the next two:

After cleaning the sprite, I open up all my stand sprites that I ripped from kawaks:

I select one of the image, go to Image -> Decrease color depth -> 8-bit -> select Optimized Median Cut and Nearest Color and click ok. Then go and save the image file as pcx and do the same for the rest of the image file.

After I have finish that, I open fighters factory, go to palette

click on open image:

browse through and open the image file:

then I transfer the color palettes by selecting the rest of the color except the pink one to then left top and the pink to the bottom right like this:

so I save my pallete.

I edit my def file and add the palette name in:

next, I reload my fighters factory and the pallete panel is shown on the right:

I am ready to add sprite but I need to apply the palette to my sprites so I click on Palette edit in the standard toolbar, open the pallete, click on add, browse through my sprite and select them, click open:

check use the same name image, apply the palette on the images, click on one of the image file and click save. Close the pallete edit and add all my sprite in:

so I align them neatly and save my sff. Next, I am going to make another pallete, so what I did was doing the same thing:

After I have finish that, I open fighters factory, go to palette

click on open image:

browse through and open the image file:

then I transfer the color palettes by selecting the rest of the color except the pink one to then left top and the

pink to the bottom right like this:

so I save my pallete.

I edit my def file and add the palette name in:

next, I reload my fighters factory and the pallete panel is shown on the right:

and I ran into a problem, the palette color was not shown correctly, they are all messed up like this:

I am not sure what is wrong, can anyone help me?