• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 03:53:20 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Sony Annoucement/PS4B Owl

Started by Brandy Bogard, February 20, 2013, 03:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

February 20, 2013, 05:15:15 PM #2 Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:18:13 PM by UHMEEEEBA
PS4 officially announced, they're just talking about it being multimedia right now though.

The Dualshock 4 is just the Dualshock with a touch pad on the top and a headphone jack.

Jesuszilla

Is the headphone jack one of those fucking tinyass ones combined with a few other pins on the side like the Xbox 360's, or 3.5mm like most people actually have?

Won't be able to watch the stream since I'm on campus right now and I have a 3-hour exam coming up in 30 minutes is the reason I'm asking.

UHMEEEEBA

February 20, 2013, 05:28:02 PM #4 Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:37:29 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Can't say the video skipped over the image of it and I only got the audio.

Some other things though, 8 GB of ram and the console has a suspend state feature so you don't have to reboot the whole thing every time you turn it on. Has internal streaming options (by partnering with UStream) and video recording options.

Also you can play games as you download them, I don't quite understand how that's a thing that's logistically possible but whatever.

As I predicted when the Wii U controller was first shown, the PS4 and Vita are capable of doing remote play together.

Jesuszilla

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on February 20, 2013, 05:28:02 PM
Also you can play games as you download them, I don't quite understand how that's a thing that's logistically possible but whatever.

Wait, what?

Also I get on FB to see this:

UHMEEEEBA

From the way they described it the games download in packets so you can play the first part while the rest downloads.

Why this is a thing that needs to be a feature, I dunno.

Overall a fairly weak console announcement, but that seems to be the par for this generation thus far.

Brandy Bogard

I only caught part of it because my stream kept lagging out but yeah that was pretty underwhelming.

Guess we'll wait for E3, which will be interesting this year.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

Some good news and bad news about the PS4 was released today, in good news that whole "It won't let you play used games!!!!111!" thing was false.

In bad news in addition to not being backwards compatible with the PS3, PSN titles you've purchased are non-transferable to the PS4.

Jesuszilla

HORSE SHIT

FUCKING HORSE SHIT.

But it makes sense due to architecture differences... but still HORSE SHIT.

UHMEEEEBA

I'm surprised it the very least it doesn't give you a free, or reduced cost download on whatever PS4's PSN equivalent is going to be.