• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:02:52 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Sony Smash... thingy.

Started by Jesuszilla, November 27, 2011, 01:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

Mega Man there might just be a desk toy in the wrong shot at the wrong time. Then again Sony would probably have to put more 3rd party characters in this to pad the roster than the Smash games would.

At the very least this'll be better than that obscure Game Cube Smash Bros. ripoff with Bomberman and Optimus Prime. No I did not make that up it's actually a thing.

corrupt, adulterating shitbags mentions that they heard Fat Princess and Sly Cooper are also involved in this somehow.

Here are the franchises Sony owns for those curious and wanting to speculate on them, taken from Wikipedia.

I think Little Big Planet, inFamous, Resistance and Ratchet and Clank are pretty much givens to some extent since they're all still active properties.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

As long as it plays nothing like Brawl, color me interested.

UHMEEEEBA

Since one screen has people using fight sticks it might just end up being a normal fighter anyways, if that's the case it being like Brawl would be a non-issue.

UHMEEEEBA

Several months later and Sony has just registered the domain for "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale", which is assumed to be Title Fight with a new name. Furthermore GTTV will be announcing some sort of PS3 exclusive this Thursday, seems a bit close since they only just got around to the domain registering so it might be something else.

Jesuszilla

Just saw that, FUCKING HYPE, MAINING PARAPPA.

I don't care if it is a Smash Clone, it looks well done.

UHMEEEEBA

I've just finished watching various segments so I'll compile for those that do not wish to watch GTTV:

Six Characters thus far announced: Kratos, Parappa, Colonel Radec from Killzone, Fat Princess, Sly Cooper and Sweet Tooth.

Developer flat out stated there will be third party involvement.

Uses a super system with three supers per character. Unlike Smash's knock people out of the ring approach everyone seems to have health.

Levels are amalgams of various franchises such as one with Patapon guys harassing Hades for instance.

Will be shown off in more detail at E3.

Holiday 2012 release.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

might as well make a wishlist

• Gene - God Hand (Yes yes I know but his game is only on Sony consoles so why not???)
  • Sora - Kingdom Hearts
  • Alucard - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Carl Johnson - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (I know his game was multiconsole, but it was also the best selling game on the PS2, so it would make sense if you ask me)
  • Pretty much anyone from Team Fortress 2 (if the rumors are true about Chell from Portal showing up)

Fusion

As I said on another forum...

QuoteThe bitch of it all is that this will probably be "designed for tournaments".

In that there'll be some game-breaking exploit that isn't fixed because "LOLSKILL"

Jesuszilla

Brawl wasn't exactly designed with tournaments in mind, yet some characters were clearly better than others. I don't see what you're getting at, really.

DivineWolf

Well as long as it isn't like that terrible Cartoon Network SB >:( rip off, it may get some attention.

Jesuszilla

This already has some talent working on this apparently.

UHMEEEEBA

June 04, 2012, 08:38:37 PM #14 Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:52:32 PM by UHMEEEEBA
The E3 conference confirmed Nathan Drake from the Uncharted games and Big Daddy from Bioshock as characters.

Cross platform Vita-PS3 play was also confirmed.

Edit: Trailer

PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale E3 Trailer