• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 07:27:52 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2011

Started by KoopaKoot, June 06, 2011, 02:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: Jmorphman on June 07, 2011, 08:28:35 PM
Wow this forum is just full of Negative Nancys.

EDIT: I mean I don't want to seem like an ignorant fanboy or anything, but I just think you guys are being overly pessimistic.

Say that to Nintendo's shareholders.

Fusion

June 08, 2011, 02:34:56 PM #34 Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:47:05 PM by Fox McCloud
I think that Nintendo's E3 presentation was pretty close to a disaster.

Then the Wii U.  Why did we need the "Wii" attached?  It makes the name awkward to say.  It doesn't flow right, they probably should've just called it the "U".  Second, using footage from other consoles... They shouldn't have revealed it this early.  They should've saved it for a later conference, when they had some actual software that weren't tech demos.

When I read that the next controller would be an iPad-like device, I was in disbelief.  I was hoping that they wouldn't go through with it.  But no, they did!  They tacked on a touch screen to what is a modern and rather common layout.  The good thing about the DS was that the touch screen was not as big as your hand, and could be navigated with ease without putting too much strain on your hand.

Rather than give us an example of how this layout as a whole would work in a game, they instead just gave us this TV\Controller interactive demos that literally paint the entire thing as being nothing more than a console version of the DS.

They also left us with a gigantic gap as far as the console itself and the games library are.  The GameCube was ignored because the games library dried up near the end thanks to Nintendo just shoving out everybody else who tried to compete.  The Wii is mocked because it's games library consists of 9\10ths downgraded ports with tacked on controls and party games.

Nintendo, I am not impressed.  Much like those shareholders.  I wouldn't dare play Smash Bros with this kind of controller.

I know Neon and others will probably "Why u so mad, bro?"  So I'll just say it:  I'm mad because this is a company that has never failed at creating a quality product.  What we've seen at E3 2011, from Nintendo was far from the quality that we expected.  Not only did they defy our desires as gamers, they thought we were stupid at that.  They even brought a terribly basic example of their system to us, and then glossed over, if not ignored the features we were waiting to hear about!

This isn't how you attract EITHER audience.

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: Fox McCloud on June 08, 2011, 02:34:56 PMI'm mad because this is a company that has never failed at creating a quality product.

Fusion

Okay, never failed at creating a quality product excluding the Virtual Boy.

Jmorphman

Quote from: Fox McCloud on June 08, 2011, 02:34:56 PM
The GameCube was ignored because the games library dried up near the end thanks to Nintendo just shoving out everybody else who tried to compete.
do what now

Seriously. WHAT.

Jesuszilla

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on June 08, 2011, 11:16:26 AM

EDIT: I mean I don't want to seem like an ignorant fanboy or anything, but I just think you guys are being overly pessimistic.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on June 08, 2011, 11:16:26 AM

No really they don't seem too happy about it.

Jesuszilla

June 09, 2011, 11:57:45 AM #41 Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 01:50:58 PM by Jesuszilla
I think I won't buy it just to prove a point.

Plus my roommate will probably buy one anyway.

This is hilarious.

EDIT: LOL THE WII U CONTROLLER IS HUGE

EDIT2: THANK FUCKING GOD

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

if i was calling the shots, i'd rename the wiiu to this

Fusion

At least in hindsight he has the decency to admit the conference wasn't that great.

Hopefully this means later talk about it will be a lot more focused.