• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 03:20:23 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Mega Man Legends 3 for the Nintendo 3DS is DEAD!!!

Started by UHMEEEEBA, September 21, 2010, 12:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Even so that's just a reduction according to their original source, mynintendonews didn't report it correctly.

Jesuszilla

QuoteMovement is mapped to the Circle Pad while shooting is carried out with the R shoulder button.

Given how easily my R button on my DSLite crapped out, I expect the 3DS to do the same and fuck that.

and if that's barret's design, then he is sora with goggles and I will once again point you back to the dope-ass disney train

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

June 12, 2011, 01:38:15 AM #33 Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 01:49:20 PM by UHMEEEEBA
After that delay for quality control purposes it was hinted at that a demo (of the demo) would be playable at E3. That didn't happen.

So add another point to the "Capcom is trying to sweep this under the rug" theory.

Edit: As for Barret's design it's less Sora with goggles than it is Barrel but younger. The plot also says Barrel has gone missing, gee I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED.

Fusion

MML3 will fail if it doesn't get advertising.  Capcom's being incredibly stupid about how they're handling it.  Street Fighter 4?  That got advertising.  Marvel vs. Capcom 3?  That obviously got advertising.  They didn't push either of those games out the door without so much as a peep to gaming magazines.

How about Megaman's most successful entry into the US thus far?  The Battle Network series did extremely well, to the point we even got the japan-only anime dubbed.  They even had BN action figures on Wal-Mart, where you NEVER see Megaman! 

There is a market, Capcom's just too stupid to realize it.

Now I see the real reason Inafune left.

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

The Battle Network franchise was years ago before the apparent franchise wide decline comparing advertising then to advertising now isn't exactly a fair thing to do.

Fusion

As someone who wasn't terribly tied like a knot with the Megaman series, if it weren't for Tips & Tricks having a Megaman X5 guide, I would've never known the series made it past 6.

That's how well it was advertised.

UHMEEEEBA

To be fair X6 and X7 are both horrible games, and after that I could see Capcom not figuring X8 was worth advertising.

UHMEEEEBA

July 07, 2011, 02:01:31 AM #39 Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:08:07 AM by UHMEEEEBA
Mega Man Legends 3 removed from Capcom of Japan's main page. Last time they did this it was to Mega Man Universe and it got canceled a week or so later.

Having said that the people making the game are still doing their bullshit design contests for it. So who knows.

Fusion

I don't think there are many fans who would be legitimately surprised at this being cancelled.

Then that leaves Rockman Online as the only thing Mega Man being made, and Capcom probably won't bring it over anywhere, not even Japan since they're dealing with a Korean publisher, who notably strong-arm games into obeying their business whims.

UHMEEEEBA

Capcom basically doesn't care about the Korean MMO, it's about as official to them as the PC Mega Man games.

As for people being surprised by it? Read the comments on that article, a lot of people are in total denial of the possibility of a cancellation...

Although can something really be canceled if it was never green lighted to begin with?

UHMEEEEBA

A week and a half later Capcom has yet to release an official comment (barring one dudes Twitter that's so low on the chain of command he can be ignored) about taking down the link to the Legends 3 website.

This has led the fan base to panic and form a letter writing campaign headed by three separate Mega Man websites.

Shame no one told them these types of petitions DON'T WORK.

Fusion

This is Capcom, though, not Nintendo.

At the very least, Capcom cares about it's fans that they'll at least try to exploit them for money.  Nintendo doesn't even give their fans the chance to mindlessly throw dosh at them.

I know.  I said "dosh".  Deal with it.

UHMEEEEBA

July 18, 2011, 04:36:45 PM #44 Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:40:10 PM by UHMEEEEBA
I really don't think the difference between how much the two companies care about their fans is that big.

That said petitions in general don't work very often as there is really no telling if the numbers the company ends up seeing are accurate because of more "eccentric" fans sending in multiple petitions, some times in great quantities.