• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 03:45:02 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Mega Man Legends 3 for the Nintendo 3DS is DEAD!!!

Started by UHMEEEEBA, September 21, 2010, 12:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrannosaurus Reich

I never played any of the games, but I like dungeon crawlers so I might try this shit out

...when i get a 3ds

UHMEEEEBA

April 22, 2011, 10:55:03 AM #16 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:00:11 AM by UHMEEEEBA
If the Legends 3 "demo" does yield considerable returns, it is likely Legends 3 will be canceled.

I cannot blame Capcom for this decision, they've always lost money on the series and without Inafune around to argue for it the devs working on it from Capcom's perspective are basically asking them to throw money away. Still a dick move though.

Anyways the "demo" will retail for about two dollars.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Well if this game does get canceled, I will be convinced that Capcom is getting off to Megaman fans getting fucked in the ass

In fact, with the announcement that Ace Attorney game won't make it to the states, they may as well be fucking ALL of their fans in the ass

Jesuszilla

If you want to measure hype, why have them pay for a demo? It doesn't work like that, Capcom. I thought you knew this.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Fusion

I think they want to measure hype by actual consumer interest in buying a product.

I.E. If nobody buys it, then nobody wants it.

But this case is particularly toxic.  Legends 3 is a sequel, to a formerly dead sub-franchise, which wasn't the most popular thing Mega Man that seemed to have flopped overseas.  It's a game for the fans... But there don't seem to be that many fans to begin with.

To top it off, Capcom's barely advertised the fact it exists.  Pretty much the only advertisement it's gotten is either at the big fansites which often take stuff from Capcom Unity's releases, or the Rockman DASH 3 dev blog...  If they want it to succeed, they'll need to advertise.

And even then, not everybody who wants a 3DS has one yet.  Either because they can't afford it, or they're just waiting for more games to come out before they buy.  THe game I see most 3DS owners and owners-to-be talking about is Ocarina of Time 3D, not Legends 3.

Universe gets cancelled, and then Capcom openly confirms to me that Legends 3 is likely looking to be cancelled under what I estimate are the same circumstances.

UHMEEEEBA

April 22, 2011, 10:54:43 PM #20 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:59:58 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Universe and Legends 3 were both Inafune's big pet projects, especially the latter after years of begging and throwing in Legends cameos wherever he could to make the series look more popular. So yeah I can't be surprised if Capcom is trying to sweep it under the rug now. Especially since as I've pointed out before these games have never really sold well, the Legends fan base is just VERY vocal about it.

Sort of like Western Earthbound fan base, very vocal about something (Mother 3 never getting an official western release) but in the grand scheme of things are relatively insignificant.

As for payments for demos, that apparently has become a thing these days Square Enix has done it and so did Capcom for Dead Rising 2. The flimsy justification for those, and the Legends 3 "demo", is it is a side story. The Legends 3 "demo" is a prologue, hence why it stars another character because Trigger is still playing go fish with Yuna and Sera on the moon during it. In the future I expect most demos are going to be like this.

Jesuszilla

Makes sense, but if there were a demo of KH2 where I played as Roxas and had to do the jobs to get the money to buy the ticket to get on the dope-ass Disney train... I dunno.

UHMEEEEBA

The other side to that argument is it would mean that part would have never been in KH2.

Jesuszilla

QuoteSorry, the page you were looking for in the blog Rockman Corner does not exist.
:ken:

UHMEEEEBA

Capcom of America is not approving Mega Man Legends for PSN citing it would be too difficult due to complicated legal issues such as rights issues over the voice acting never having been approved for digital release. Said issues likely apply to the second game as well.

Of course this would require PSN to WORK so hey.

In addition Capcom decided the Legends 3 demo was of such low quality they delayed it to improve it. Yes Capcom actually decided something was of bad enough quality to not release it and work on it some more. That smells of desperation from the Legends 3 dev team knowing this is there only shot.

Jesuszilla

PSN's back up but Sony's had too many fuckups lately.

And yeah, I wouldn't place too much hope in this anymore.

UHMEEEEBA

Even if Capcom does let them go forward with it there's a very real chance (especially with the aforementioned Ace Attorney example) Capcom will decide that localizing it isn't worth the effort.

Jesuszilla

May 24, 2011, 12:54:59 PM #29 Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 01:07:28 PM by Jesuszilla
Welp. haha has nothing to do with 3DS disregard this they suck cocks