• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 12:33:19 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Mega Man Universe

Started by UHMEEEEBA, April 27, 2010, 10:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

He was in the first trailer, which is why I didn't mention it.

UHMEEEEBA

September 03, 2010, 08:17:01 PM #31 Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:19:28 PM by UHMEEEEBA

Jesuszilla

CON

VERSE

SHOES

TWO

THOUSAND

FO'

FOREBAH

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Mega Man Network interviewed one of Capcom Reps about the game, here's some highlights of what the learned:

For starters the game has no Wii Ware version due to Nintendo's file size limitations, the same ones that made Tales of Monkey Island horribly compressed. They WANT to make a Wii Ware version but with things as they are now it's just not going to happen, and if memory serves me correctly that size limit is because the Wii can only handle running so much directly off of the system in which case nothing can be done.

The gameplay footage we have seen up to this point only represents one gameplay mode and is just "the tip of the iceberg".

The rep did not directly confirm a stage editor but strongly hinted at it and that customization is a large part of the game, so it's pretty much a given.

Hinted at a large number of playable characters, (someone noted yesterday with the group shot all the confirmed playables with released artwork were lit up, so possible those Robot Masters are playable ala Powered Up). Also the Mega Men have slight differences, BBA Mega Man can only fire two shots at once for instance. Note he did not say "All three Mega Men" so there might be a few more variants. There's certainly enough other Bad Box Art of Mega Man.

The new Mega Man design was inspired by Tron (the movie not the Legends character).

Hinted at influences from Mega Man games other than Mega Man 2, given Cut Man in the artwork this is pretty much a given.

A rough release date of Spring 2011.

Jesuszilla

With Street Fighter and Ghouls n' Goblins getting representatives, I wonder what other series may appear?

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on July 17, 2010, 02:06:06 PM
Just so you know despite the fact all we have is a TEASER trailer there is a considerable portion of the Mega Man fanbase claiming this is the worst thing ever.

By the way among the Arcade cabinets in the start there's a Dark Stalkers one and Bionic Commando, make of that what you will.

So as not to make this post just a quote here's the other bad box art Capcom could draw from, if they decide to go that route.

American Mega Man 2 Box Art

European Mega Man 2 Box Art

There's also the one from the Mega Man 9 and 10 "box arts".

Jesuszilla

.... I just now noticed: what the FUCK is up with his foot in that American box art?

I can't believe I'm just now noticing this...

UHMEEEEBA

Well it's a left foot where his right foot should be and he twisted it in a horribly painful position.

UHMEEEEBA

Gentlemen Capcom decided today to really talk about the meat of the game in advance of TGS so here it is.

For starters the game does indeed feature a level creator and judging from the GUI it's a heavily modified version of the one from Powered Up. Powered Up's infrastructure mode is also returning so the level database is back too. Capcom is being cagey about there being more than Mega Man stage parts in this mode, perhaps some Ghost and Goblins stuff probably.

But the big meat of the announcement, as many were expecting but I was hesitant to believe Capcom would actually put effort into it, is a character customization option. For starters you can mix and max parts to gain certain effects, the examples they feature include Metal Man with Mega Man's head, Bubble Man with a Mets head and newer arms and legs. In addition you can also set the special weapons, a presently unspecified chip option and items (i.e. E-Tanks).

Weapons seem to have attributes, as the Leaf Shield is stuck with an odd Purple shield icon and Metal Blade with a slashing icon which really aren't representative of the weapons given what they've used in the past. That is to say weapons might be typed now or something, like Pokemon I guess.

Roll is sporting a new butt ugly design with a huge ass ribbon or Cut Man's shears repainted green, you decide.

The game is to be playable at TGS so expect more information there.

Jesuszilla

Icons make sense to me.

Roll's new look is WTF though. I think it's just the strange art style they decided to go with.

UHMEEEEBA

September 09, 2010, 10:51:00 PM #41 Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:45:17 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Actually I'm pretty sure I'm right about the icons, the screen with Metal Mega Man (Megtal Man?) has him with three weapons, one is the green slash type, the third is a box that is yellow and green with a sun and a the green slash type (which is at least being used twice). Similarly Met Mega Man is using a weapon that is part water based and a magnifying glass which is blue and pink (Bubble Lead probably, the magnifying glass probably for weapons that crawl on the ground).

Now what any of those symbols mean is anyones guess but I'm pretty sure Capcom is putting the weapons into types for some reason, possibly to make weaknesses easier on their end. As as side note people are speculating if customization will effect damage taken, that is to say if Megtal Man and Metal Man got into a fight would it be Sudden Death?

If you want to see for yourself Mega Man Network has frigging huge versions of the screens in their article. Also of note Bad Box Art Mega Man uses a gun like in the artwork.

Jesuszilla

... You know what I hope they don't do?
[spoiler]Add AZN Teenager Fan Film Mega Man and Fake Hair Roll.[/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

I'm in the minority but I'd rather they keep X/Zero/Legends/Battle Network/Star Force/ZX stuff out of this game personally.

Also hoping they bring back some of the characters from Powered Up.

Fusion

Just very slight wondering here, but I'm thinking the parts you choose affect the stats of the Mega Man you create.