• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 04:51:29 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Mega Man Universe

Started by UHMEEEEBA, April 27, 2010, 10:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

April 27, 2010, 10:04:03 AM Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:47:32 AM by UHMEEEEBA
Link

Could be anything though, an 8th spinoff, another compilation, Capcom just registering a potential name, or maybe they've decided to dust off whatever they started with Mega Man Scramble.

K.O.D

Jesuszilla

Sounds like another shitty Battle Network type game.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

UHMEEEEBA

More trademarks for Mega Man Universe showing up, even in Japan...

That is to say the trademarked Mega Man Universe and not Rock Man Universe in Japan.

Given the fact that they are still doing this as of today and the announced a Mega Man X MMO awhile back and already gave that a different name I think it is a safe assumption the two are not the same thing. Didn't bother reporting on that one as the company doing it hasn't considered doing anything outside of Korea at this point.

Jesuszilla

lol korea

Wonder what this could be? If there's no Rock Man, I doubt it's a game, but then again...

UHMEEEEBA

It could have been oversight at the trademark office. I will remind you Capcom went out of their way to invite Mega Man bloggers to E3 this year, make of that what you will.

UHMEEEEBA

July 15, 2010, 06:19:07 PM #7 Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:49:14 PM by UHMEEEEBA
This could be for another game but I have a suspicion it's going to be for this one. Capcom Unity has released an image featuring both the classic series Mega Buster and X series X Buster, with the message they were charging up. Next week Keiji Inafune is going to announce a new game at Comic Con as well.

Of course this could just be Capcom trolling which would be unsurprising.

Mega Man Network approached Jgonzo about the image and only got a smiley as a reply. That's right the guy just sent them a smiley and called it a day.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Jesuszilla

UHMEEEEBA

July 16, 2010, 11:50:06 AM #10 Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 02:47:28 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Edited first post seeing how this is official now. I'd say more or my thoughts on the game, but again very busy.

I will say for those of you disappointed by the lack of a Wii Ware release... all two of you...

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on August 18, 2009, 05:55:42 PM
You have to remember that Nintendo forces all Wii Ware titles to be at most 40 MB,

The PC version of Tales of Monkey Island is over 200 MB.

THEREFORE SHIT HAPPENED

You can still get the entire season on PC for less than what the remaining four episodes would cost you on the Wii, no really.

I can see why Capcom would not bother doing a Wii Ware release.

UHMEEEEBA

Just so you know despite the fact all we have is a TEASER trailer there is a considerable portion of the Mega Man fanbase claiming this is the worst thing ever.

By the way among the Arcade cabinets in the start there's a Dark Stalkers one and Bionic Commando, make of that what you will.

Jesuszilla

Morrigan will be the only one they do anything with...

Oh wait, it's Megaman and there's only one female robot master. Maybe we can hope for Victor or Demitri.

UHMEEEEBA

Roll was playable in Powered Up you know.

If this game is Capcom's answer to Little Big Planet as some are theorizing I could see them reusing some stuff from that game due to its level editor and all.

Jesuszilla

Roll is not a Robot Master.