• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 11:26:40 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Review Review Week

Started by Double, October 19, 2008, 10:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double

October 19, 2008, 10:31:25 PM Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 12:21:36 PM by Phoenix Magnion
re·view /rɪˈvyu/ –noun
1. a critical article or report, as in a periodical, on a book, play, recital, or the like; critique; evaluation.
2. the process of going over a subject again in study or recitation in order to fix it in the memory or summarize the facts.

-Source Dictionary.com

I'm sure all of us remember playing games as a kid and thinking they were great and/or difficult only to return to the same game several years later to find out your original assessments were flawed. This week I took the time to review (def. 2) seven games from my childhood to write seven reviews (def. 1) of them. Yes, seven reviews in a 1 week time frame, to shut you all up for saying I don't do enough.

What games can you expect this week? Well here are some clues if you absolutely must know:

-I fucking hate that Yellow Rabbit so much. No really.

-A game featuring an evil wizard pig from space which must be stopped with... balloons?

-!*

-A game from Unnamed Person's second favorite franchise**. It looks jaundiced.

-An NES platformer developed by Capcom featuring the guy who did the music for the first two MegaMan games. Features something Neon Tiger is highly allergic too.

-HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY***

-Responsible for one of the greatest atrocities in video game music history. When you hear it, it's going to hurt.

-???

*No it's not Metal Gear, it does however feature a superfluous amount of yarn, aliens that sneeze on you, killer cheese wheels, killer pianos, killer tacks, killer slightly pointy trees, killer hotdogs, killer tumbleweeds...

**Not Touhou you dunderheads.

***Not Ocarina of Time.