• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 06:50:14 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

OMFG IT IS TEH WII IT SUCKS MY WII LOLOLOLOLOLOL III

Started by Neon_Tiger, July 30, 2008, 02:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Whatever, all it is is hate to say I told you so by The Hives.

UHMEEEEBA

DMK

I just read through the article and I really can't believe Nintendo is about to do something like that to the fanbase. Not like they NEED the money and new sales over used. Way to stick it to the millions and millions of people that bought the console and this being one of the only games you really pushed at E3 to begin with. $50 isn't much considering other games that are priced higher and with less replay value and overall game time, but this is shit and they know it. Nintendo better find a better way to do this rather then screwing the people who buy used.

Jesuszilla

Fusion

November 14, 2008, 11:08:18 PM #50 Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 01:11:49 PM by [Matsuda]
It is my saddening yet true view of Nintendo and how they've lost my backing over the course of the past few years.

They introduced to us the Nintendo Wii, a console whose method of control was to purely let us get involved with our games, to fight our own way beyond the level of button-pushing and stick-tilting.  However, they've failed to deliver an effective title that really grabs everybody in and tells them "This is what the Wii is all about".  Instead, they've chosen to release a "casual" line-up of games, replacing the image that they gave us years ago when the Wii was just at E3 and TGS.  Wii Sports, Wii Music, Wii Fit, Wii Play... Those are hardly what the Wii should be about.  It ends up being up third-party publishers to decide what the Wii "is".

As such, the Wii has been decided to be an fully outright disappointment to publishers, with big name developers outright insulting the console for it's lack of graphical power and seeming difficulty to code.  Nintendo fails to help this image by releasing 1st-party games that often fail to be lasting in any way (Mario Kart Wii) or are so aimed at younger audiences that the rest of their fanbase feels alienated (Super Mario Galaxy).  Nintendo has failed there, in the games department.

Nintendo has obviously decided, with titles that fail, that the next big thing is simply not worth it.  Nintendo does not care about making the next memorable game, they simply just want more money.  Add to that, how their European branch completely just bashed every single gamer of today's generation, right in front of us who were likely once a part of that generation if not ARE a part of that demographic.  I knew Nintendo of Europe were morons, but... Wow.

It doesn't help that Nintendo are hounds for "innovation" with the simplest of concepts when what they're looking for in innovation already has a working formula.  For example, F-Zero.  What is there to get wrong?  Fast, futuristic, crazy tracks, catchy music.  Star Fox?  Flying ships, things that go boom, 360 degree flying freedom.  For crying out loud, it even worked on the Nintendo DS.  But since Nintendo has obviously discarded all but their Mario & Link involved franchises, it's safe to say that those of us who liked F-Zero and Star Fox are going to have to push for some third-party developer to convince Nintendo.  That's probably the only reason we got Star Fox: Assault and Star Fox: Command.

Nintendo has, in essence, simply just abandoned that which supported it for years, and I feel that just because Brain Age was successful doesn't mean they shouldn't be riding the high horse of casual gaming.  Last I checked, Electronic Arts had their casual gaming label fall faster than a boulder.  I really hope that Nintendo changes their "vision" and attempt to re-capture the experiences that made their past games so great.  Because as it is, they're already a joke in the minds of a lot of gamers.  Their fanbase is going to start calling them out on it some time soon.

Seeing Nintendo like this makes me go:

Jesuszilla

Quote from: [Matsuda] on November 14, 2008, 11:08:18 PM
Their fanbase is going to start calling them out on it some time soon.
They already have. Why don't you look at this topic, along with every other Nintendo topic that's popped up here in the past few months?

Fusion

Jesuszilla

November 15, 2008, 05:16:54 PM #53 Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 05:28:35 PM by Jesuszilla
Many of the links in the topics are to news sites such as corrupt, adulterating shitbags, though, where people can comment on the article to express their opinions, (not to mention it has a much wider userbase) and many are disappointed with Nintendo. There are a few stupid loyalists, though, which surprises me.

Fusion