• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 09:41:24 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

We're doomed

Started by The_None, May 25, 2008, 10:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

It is in the wake of my previous post, that I realize just what can be done.  I said that we as individuals were worthless.

Therefore, it is time to make aware this internet crisis.  People, not just teenagers who probably won't take it seriously and spread a bunch of memes in a protest making us look like fools, but the masses in general.  Although piracy is bad, slamming everybody because of a group's behavior is unfair.

Our societal system is built for shunning everybody who does something wrong.  In my kindergarten year, I can recall that we lost recess privileges for a day because one of my classmates wrote expletives all over a closed off cubicle-desk known as the "Good Seat".  That now reads to me as: "Conform, or you will be isolated from everyone.  They will be told to not like you and they will believe that you are evil."  No source, those words are my own.

This is that kindergarten class, except on a national if not global scale.  This is the punishment of that, even.  The ISP watchdogs are not going to be able to keep up with the rapid pace and will be penalized without any fair trial, or they will blanket disconnect people and as such, even more social divides will be created as families tear theirselves apart over who "disconnected the Internet" when the entire family is at fault automatically in the eyes of this act.

Unfortunately, the complacency of modern society means that very, very few will speak of it publicly if this happens..  Just a few calls to the Senator\Congressman\House Rep won't help much, not unless we can do it en masse.

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

K.O.D

too bad our generation is full of pussies who won't speak up.

Jango

If this passes, I can assure you those pussies will turn into giant elephant-sized cocks and rampage against the government.

In other words, we might end up starting a revolution that turns the USA into a communist utopia :O

The_None

November 06, 2009, 09:21:06 AM #169 Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:54:40 AM by The_None
Quote from: Jango on November 06, 2009, 04:49:39 AM
If this passes, I can assure you those pussies will turn into giant elephant-sized cocks and rampage against the government.

Unless these said pussies won't get killed/jailed/enslaved/brainwashed beforehand.

Oh, and I am going to be doomed, as my country (as it wasn't pathethic enough allready) it's going to have it's own internet blacklist now. Oh, and The Police is also going to be able to use malware to spy on people, Germany style. (Links in polish, so Google Translate would have to be your "friend" untill I can find an english-language website reporting this.)

The_None

Insanius

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8361849.stm

May we be reminded that China is one of the few permanent members of the UN...

The_None

Poor Britons are about to be raped beyond belief.

Also, there was a voting on that Polish Internet blacklist on our parliament today. I'm pretty sure it was passed.

The_None

Just letting you know that our retarded president has signed the anti-gambling project (that also includes the Internet Blacklist I've mentioned earlier). This likely means that my days are numbered.  :'(

Jesuszilla

Oh it shouldn't affect this site.

Sgt Squirrel

am I the only one with a country whose internet is not getting raped?

all we lost was Mininova

K.O.D

nope, i live in a third world country so my net is not gonna get raped either until those stupid americans interfere or something (just like they did 2 years ago when they conducted a raid on all electronic shops in the city conducting piracy :what:)

The_None

A certain most fakest messiah ever (with an over-inflated ego, to boot) was hardly trustworthy to begin with as he would probably approve the Venezuelan game ban, but this just made it official.

I'm talking about the guy who fled his own country so that he won't have to pay taxes.

Jesuszilla

........... WOW. The most liberal motherfucker ever who has gotten into trouble with the FCC SEVERAL times is supporting fucking censorship?