• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 11:37:37 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

We're doomed

Started by The_None, May 25, 2008, 10:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Fusion

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

The_None

Anjel

Quote<Anjel> A law where the Swedish goverment can see what you download/upload to something that is outside of Sweden got through today.
god dammit

UHMEEEEBA

Look I've stayed out of this thread for a long time, and for good reason but if you're at ALL surprised about companies not letting people MST3K shit get your head out of your ass, even the old MST3K stars, now Rifftrax, can't and still use the video they instead have to release MP3s and people synch them up manually.

So if the people who pretty much created the god damn genre can't do it what makes you think Joe Schmo on youtube can?

Heck even then when they where still on the show they still had to pay rights to use everything and is the main reason why releases of the show on DVD are slow, as they have to rebuy the rights.

Jesuszilla

Because they're doing it for profit and we're not?

UHMEEEEBA

You should have realized by NOW that businesses tend not to care about that.

Fusion

Copyright is enough of a mess as it is, Neon.

Let's say you've bought yourself a new album.  CD.  You know a friend IRL who wants to listen to it, see if he likes it enough to buy it himself.  He also has a computer and does ripping from time to time.  Do you share it with him and pray that he doesn't get you and himself in 3000 different kinds of legal trouble by copying those songs to his computer and potentially sharing them?  Or do you deny and tell him to get his own copy?

Fusion

K.O.D

yep, the world is doomed because of two shitty countries.

nuclear war :D

The_None

It's official, Activision managed to outEA the EA.

I feel some sort of Emo now, and thus I now perfectly understand why Neon stayed away from this thread.

MackX

Quote from: K.O.D on October 15, 2009, 07:37:43 AM
yep, the world is doomed because of two shitty countries.

nuclear war :D

The beginning of the end, i'm not liking what i'm seeing in the world these days, especially with all the stuff i'm reading in this thread...   :o

The_None

Jesuszilla

Quote from: Fox McCloud on October 14, 2009, 10:52:47 PM
And if it couldn't get any worse...

The fucking cold war is back.
Not really; this time around we know the Russains are incompetent. But that's exactly the problem in this case.