• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:17:30 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Problem with the RGB Method

Started by F.R.3.3.D.O.M, May 14, 2008, 11:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F.R.3.3.D.O.M

K right now i am making stages again and i want to make them look the best for mugen. Right now i am working on my Alpha Bay City stage and I am using the RGB method for it. But i have ran into a big snag. Everytime i make the RED Image adjustment it looks fine but when i put it into the sff and do transparency, there are dots everywhere. I know that there are supposed to be no dots in the image when you turn on transparency. The Green and Blue are fine. So i have been trying to figure that out all night and have had no luck. So if anyone could help me i would appreciate it.
Here is a pic of what i mean.

Jesuszilla

I don't know much about this method (you'll need to wait for Jango to see this before you can get a real answer), but it looks to me like the color that is transparent is.... Well, in the slot where the transparent spot is in the palette. I wouldn't doubt it if your blue and green images have this problem too, as this wouldn't be as noticeable. In Photoshop and Fighter Factory's palette viewer, the transparent color in the image's palette is the last one. In Paint Shop Pro, it's the first. When you make the palette, choose a color you KNOW won't be in there BEFORE you apply it. (for example, in this red, 00FF00 wouldn't show up).

Kind of difficult to explain, that is, unless you're using Photoshop.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

F.R.3.3.D.O.M

Thx for the suggestion. Ill try it out and see if it works.  ;D

Jango

Yeah, you have to add in another color that isn't part of the palette. So basically, it goes like this:

1) Get your layers
2) Convert to 8-bit
3) Edit the palette and throw in a "dummy" color.
4) Set that dummy color as color 0.

If you look at my Hot Pursuit stage on my site, you'll notice that color 0 is magenta in all cases.