• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 04:49:45 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Wii Want More

Started by Fusion, March 29, 2008, 11:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

March 29, 2008, 11:41:22 PM Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 12:43:39 AM by [Kira]
So apparantly Wii Want More is going to-

Wait a minute?  "Wii Want More"?

A lookout for all of you.  Don't get hyped up about this article because it's an early April Fools.  I spied it out because it runs on a free web host and Nintendo would in fact, host it on their own press.  Not to mention just going to the website without the article leads you to a 'Website successfully created!' page.  Therefore this page is a complete sham.

Jesuszilla

Split topic as this isn't really related to Brawl.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE

WE MAY BE ABLE TO SEE BALLOON FIGHTER YET

UHMEEEEBA

March 30, 2008, 12:20:45 PM #3 Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 12:22:36 PM by Cigarette Smoking Man
Repost.

I remember a time when April Fool's jokes were actually funny, it seems so distant now.

Jesuszilla

Hah.

Of course there are still very many (image of Slowpoke)s out there who would fall for this.

UHMEEEEBA

Well looks like Tyrannosaurus Reich did anyways.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Quote from: Cigarette Smoking Man on March 30, 2008, 01:27:39 PM
Well looks like Tyrannosaurus Reich did anyways.

HEY A GUY CAN DREAM CAN'T HE

UHMEEEEBA

You expected Nintendo to actually have a download service, that isn't dreaming that's losing any and all touch with reality.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

YEAH WELL NO ONE GIVES A HORSEFUCK LASLODFASOK[WEAOWEI

Fusion

Quote from: Cigarette Smoking Man on March 30, 2008, 04:23:10 PM
You expected Nintendo to actually have a download service, that isn't dreaming that's losing any and all touch with reality.

WiiWare, Neon.  WiiWare.

That's technically a download service, since Nintendo never definitively said it would only be used like X-Box Live Arcade only.

Jesuszilla

They DID officially state they'd be adding more WiiWare in one of those little Wii message board things.

UHMEEEEBA

WiiWare are new games, not support for old games.

Also Wii has no Harddrive, not enough room for major DLC, etc.

I would have thought when the game designer said there would be no DLC, people would listen. I guess I gave them too much credit.

Fusion

Quote from: Cigarette Smoking Man on March 30, 2008, 08:26:04 PM
WiiWare are new games, not support for old games.

Also Wii has no Harddrive, not enough room for major DLC, etc.

Only problem there is that if the WiiWare games are popular enough, Nintendo's going to have to start using some other storage medium (like SD Cards for instance) to meet storage demands otherwise the Wii is not going to have enough space for all the desirable games.

Plus, Sakurai forgot about the damn SD Card.  He didn't seem to take that into account at all.

UHMEEEEBA

People already filled the Wii's drive with Virtual games and Nintendo hasn't offered any solution yet. They've shown no other interest in any option other than LOL REDOWNLOAD YOUR FILES LATER IF YOU WANT THEM K'.

You seriously give Nintendo too much credit, they're not going to make DLC for an existing game, get over it.

DMK

Wait, I thought you could upgrade your memory with SD cards or is it they haven't released ones that work along with the Wii?

I've only ha dmy Wii for a short while and when I asked some people at a local gamestop about the Wii's storage capabiltys they kinda went off on a "it comes with its own storage blah blah blah"