• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 08:16:57 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Programming Language

Started by shiro, July 30, 2007, 02:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiro

Does anyone know if Mugen uses C, C++ or another language for programming?

Jesuszilla

Like what's used to code characters? No.

Or do you mean what programming language it was used to make the program? I believe it was one of the C languages in this case.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

shiro

I mean like what's used to mod the game, but I guess that would be the same as coding the characters. Thanks anyway!

Fusion

Unfortunately, modding MUGEN itself is impossible, because Elecbyte has, so far, not released the source code in any shape or form.  The hacks done on the executable have been fairly low-level hacks (example: opening up the extra modes, fixing the number of characters issue).

I believe the characters use their own kind of coding language, too.  I believe the codebase is Allegro, or is that just the sound driver?

But if you want to learn coding characters, study a few characters you've downloaded.  Take notes.  Learn like I did.

shiro

I'll try that. I've actually downloaded a rather decent Howard Geese sprite, so I'm trying to see if I can't pick it apart and see how it works. I also wanted to add to his move list, but that's more than likely a whole different topic in itself.

I looked up Allegro, and it is the language used to code characters and stages in Mugen.