• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 03:54:06 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Started by Neon_Tiger, May 22, 2007, 02:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Some things I forgot I was suppose to post last night and some more:

Yoshi:
Yeah, I forgot I used Yoshi, mainly because he is virtually unchanged from Melee from what I could tell. I didn't get to test his new recovery because it was on New Pork City and I didn't die. Got to use his final smash, not particularly effective on that stage.

Metaknight:
Didn't use him, but he seems fast and has a good combo potential. He did once succeed in using his final and killed everyone around him. Like Diddy seemed to lack and good KO moves.

Wario:
In addition to his bike, Wario can eat items thrown at him, but they sometimes seem to damage him.

Items (was too tired last night to do this):

Retard Magnet (AKA Proximity Mine):
The Retard Magnet now seems to turn invisible when it's thrown on the ground.

Super Scope:
Has about half the range it did in Melee. You can move while shooting though.

Stop Hammer Time:
We only saw one hammer in the entire session, and Dedede got it... he swings BOTH of his hammers, it's hax. We didn't ever see a Golden Hammer.

Bumper:
Can now be thrown in the air like the flipper from Melee (i.e. it will stop and stay still).

Super/Poison Mushroom:
When you get the Mushroom now you now take a second to pose, it's really more annoying than it sounds, trust me.

Exploding Box:
Seem to take quite a beating.

Smart Bomb:
Not as strong as I thought it would be, but still annoying.

Pretty much everything else we saw was the same.

Stages:

Delfino Plaza:
... one thing about Delfino that bothered me is it seems so empty. There are no NPCs, and they really made Delfino in Sunshine... just a little weird I guess, still a good level.
Note:  The side of the island with the lighthouse is defined to be east.
Spots you can land:
Where that statue used to be.
Both islands on the sides.
The random pillars on the east side of the island where there was a pipe to some random bonus stage.
Near the umbrellas on the east side of island in front of the fruit vendor stands.
On top of the houses where there used to be a pipe to the hotel level.
The other umbrellas with a wall towards the right.
The small section on the west side of the island where the pond flows into the ocean.
The Shine tower.
The moving platform itself was apparently a stop as it took a really wide turn once so you could see the whole plaza and just stayed like that for about 30 seconds.

Random Created Level:
Apparently came with the game. Pretty retarded. It was in a box with no top and spikes on both pillars to the side.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

UHMEEEEBA

Maybe later. Right now I need pizza.

UHMEEEEBA

Fusion

I think you're going to end up reviewing the game before I do.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

February 10, 2008, 03:13:27 PM #935 Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:15:09 PM by Tyrannosaurus Reich

UHMEEEEBA

February 10, 2008, 03:20:25 PM #936 Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:26:43 PM by MMF
Probably not, don't forget we only played versus, and even then simple 2 Minute timed matches (we did this as we're all new to the game and don't know characters "kill" moves yet). So there's a lot we didn't do, it seems to have a good solid versus though.

If we play again, we'll probably kick TMF out and replace him with a more sane player and instead play Team.

Jesuszilla

I dunno what the fuck L canceling and wave dashing are anyway.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

They're advanced tech...

YOU!?

Fusion

I think L-cancelling is stopping mid-combo using the shield\evade technique.

Wave dashing is simply glitch-landing.  An exploit of Melee's engine.

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Fusion