• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 01:36:33 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Started by Neon_Tiger, May 22, 2007, 02:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

Meh, not too much of a problem then.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

January 31, 2008, 09:20:14 PM #826 Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 10:09:29 PM by MMF
Oh, that reminds me, although no one ever played "Bonus" Mode from Melee was scrapped as there are no longer bonuses (the ones you get at the end of the match for what you did in it).

Also, Green Greens, the original Pokemon Stadium from Melee and Jungle Japes* all return, and that's supposedly it for the stages.

*Klaptrap

This is a Melee video, but what it made me laugh.

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: MMF on January 31, 2008, 03:55:32 PM
Created stage. Music is from Mother 3. New Jigglypuff outfit, likely lost the old green one. Also Jigglypuff final smash.

Meant to post this earlier, this is the original version of the main part of the song. Theres actually a second part that uses another Mother 3  battle theme, but hey who's counting?

I do hope they did something similar with Earthbound battle music.

UHMEEEEBA

UHMEEEEBA

Wolf in training mode. His normal attacks are actually a bit different than Fox's, more of a Mario-Luigi relationship it looks.

T. Link in training mode.

Jiggs in training mode. Rest has been nerfed and now inflicts a poison effect instead of outright ownage. As a tradeoff Jiggs wakes up earlier, still a disappointment for old Jiggs users. Rollout looks a bit nerfed too.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Quote from: MMF on February 01, 2008, 03:14:36 PMJiggs in training mode. Rest has been nerfed and now inflicts a poison effect instead of outright ownage. As a tradeoff Jiggs wakes up earlier, still a disappointment for old Jiggs users. Rollout looks a bit nerfed too.

lol pokemon inflation art

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Sorry for the double post, but I found me some Green Hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa8awK3vGj4

FUCK YEAH SONIC CD MUSIC

UHMEEEEBA

I posted Green Hill the other day, but whatever.

Apparently the stage can also play Green Hill Zone (who would have guessed?) from Sonic 1, Emerald Hill Zone from Sonic 2, the Angel Island Zone one on the site, Scrap Brain Zone from Sonic 1 and then a bunch of tracks from later games that no one cares about.

Barrels will be hilarious on the stage by the way.

Jesuszilla

February 01, 2008, 04:35:07 PM #833 Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 04:41:11 PM by J
LOL@Slippy communicating with Snake

EDIT: AHAHAHAHA, I just noticed Luigi's.

LALILULELO
LALILULELO
LALILULELO

UHMEEEEBA

Horribly out of sync custom stage, styled like a game of Tetris that was paused... WITH TETRIS MUSIC!? Also a spike filled stage.

Another horribly out of sync custom stage.

Also, can't find it anymore but in the Codec about Falcon Octacon and Snake say FALCON KICK and FALCON PANCH respectively I really hope they keep that I want to hear Hayter say it.

Jesuszilla

February 01, 2008, 05:47:00 PM #835 Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 05:50:44 PM by J
Yes it's an old update but I would like to discuss it.

First off, thank God they're rearranging the WarioWare theme for Brawl. I won't have to hear that fucking Ashley shit.

Second, this explains why the roster isn't as awesome as it could be: They spent too much time on the damn music.

Third, what the fuck is the point of bringing the Hyrule Temple from Melee back if you can't have the damn Fire Emblem theme with it? That's the ONLY reason anyone ever used that stage.

Fourth, there was music in Pictochat? What the fuck have I missed?

UHMEEEEBA

Pictochat music is probably just something they bullshited together. And don't say like Flat Zone's music in Melee, that actually uses the limited sounds some of the old Game and Watch games made. The website says you can play Dr. Mario music on Pictochat, so just use that instead.

I doubt music is responsible for the coding, musicians can't code; programmers can't compose they're two different dev teams. The over abundance of music though likely is the reason why it is still MIDI for the most part and some tracks are out right ripped from other games.

If anything I'd say all the silly modes he had are more responsible as those would have taken from programming staff. The biggest offender is likely the adventure mode as that apparently takes up a good deal of the game (by the way IGN says it's subpar, but we know how good they are...).

Oh speaking of silly modes, All Star is back too lazy to find a screen though.

Finally about Hyrule Temple, I heard the old Fire Emblem music when IGN was trying to unlock Marth, and when someone unlocked Ness it listed the music playing when it loaded Onett. It's still possible the old Melee stages with multiple themes can play either.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Quote from: J on February 01, 2008, 05:47:00 PM
Yes it's an old update but I would like to discuss it.

First off, thank God they're rearranging the WarioWare theme for Brawl. I won't have to hear that fucking Ashley shit.

This should have been one of the songs.

Jesuszilla