• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 04:10:04 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Started by Neon_Tiger, May 22, 2007, 02:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Quote from: MMF on January 26, 2008, 05:59:59 PM
DK already has 2 characters...

Both of whom are good guys. So I don't see why we can't have a DK baddie.

Still, yeah, Metroid needs more representatives.

Robert the small

If every game gets a baddy, it'll be a cluster fuck.

Sides, who will they used for earthbound? Gigyas? The Masked Man? Yeah, won't work.

UHMEEEEBA

No, the third guardian digger of course.

Jesuszilla

I actually agree that it would be nice to have K. Rool in Brawl.

Also, Metroid needs to be an item.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Quote from: Robert the small on January 26, 2008, 08:33:25 PM

Sides, who will they used for earthbound? Gigyas? The Masked Man? Yeah, won't work.

I kind of meant Nintendo's "really" popular shit.

Although Pokey could probably be worked in SOMEHOW. Maybe as a Subspace boss...

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Robert the small

Quote from: Tyrannosaurus Reich on January 26, 2008, 09:58:17 PM
Quote from: Robert the small on January 26, 2008, 08:33:25 PM

I kind of meant Nintendo's "really" popular shit.

Although Pokey could probably be worked in SOMEHOW. Maybe as a Subspace boss...
I thought Earthbound was really popular in Japan?

Then again... if Pokey's in the game, we get a remix of Pokey means Business.... and that makes me happy in the pants.

UHMEEEEBA

You are not mistaken, Mother is quite popular in Japan. If you look earlier in the thread I already commented on Pokey, and I'm too lazy to do so again.

Robert the small

Well, one of the things you said about Pokey (Him being in a stage) already happened so....

Fusion

Today's update is like crazy with the interface updates.

UHMEEEEBA

Update on the rumor from a couple days ago, Wii-DS now has put strike throughs through all the information an apology, and a little rant about how that source sucked.

Also, you missed the important part of the update, swimming.

UHMEEEEBA

January 28, 2008, 12:10:56 PM #747 Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 01:45:57 PM by MMF
New Iwata interview, some highlights:

QuoteThe most important thing was simply whether or not it would make players happy. I mean, there are lots of popular games with characters that just aren't meant for fighting and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title. Heading the list of these characters are the ones from the games we just mentioned, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing. Because these are games played by lots of people, I knew players would be happy to see them make an appearance. This is why I wanted to find a way to put them in the game and why they became Assist Trophies.

... in addition he stated the same thing in the Japanese interview about "Sukapon", a character people kept bringing up for awhile.

QuoteRight. The development for Smash Bros. Melee began soon after the GameCube was released and we had to design each character from scratch. This time, however, we were able to borrow characters from various development teams, which was a big help. Take The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess from the Zelda series for example. We were able to design the Smash Bros. characters by adapting them just as they were modeled for the original titles.

Conclusions: No Animal Crossing character, most of the popular NPCs have been shot down already appearing as AT or background characters in Smashville, and this just axed the villager character. So unless NPC#214 is a character, it looks like AC gets no PC.

The second statement could hint to a Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass character, but may also be referencing trophies, AT or a stage.

Also Jeff from Earthbound is an AT, he uses Multi-bottle rocket.

Manhole (game and watch) is a sticker, as is General Guy (Paper Mario) and a bunch of other things from Paper Mario (Rawk Hawk, random Badge, random Star from Paper Mario, Kammy)... that might be hinting at something, or might not you decide.

Also minor SEE spoilers, in case you were wondering why Diddy was alone when he met Fox...

Fusion

More than likely Phantom Hourglass.  It'd be a sensible business promotion.

UHMEEEEBA