• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 12:02:25 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Started by Neon_Tiger, May 22, 2007, 02:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Shadow of the Koopa Colossus.

Or something like that.

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

January 23, 2008, 06:48:12 PM #692 Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 06:50:47 PM by MMF
Just some minor info from a Famitsu weekly. No new characters.

In addition to wall jumping like in Melee, wall clinging/scaling (think how you scale walls in MegaMan X/Zero/Diet Zero) can be done by certain characters*.

*Squirtle, Sheik and Diddy at the least. Sheik makes sense, and Diddy did it in the hive stages of DKC2... but Squirtle? What the hell.

Diddy can also wall jump.

Charizard can triple jump without need a recovery move. He can also glide. And still has a recovery move. Charizard has a black palette swap.

Dedede likewise can quadruple jump without using his recovery move. His recovery move is like Luigi's in Melee, it only goes up.

Lucas's smash attacks are said to be decent, if slightly sluggish.

Also something a bit convoluted. The following lists the weight of characters based on what percentage they have to be to be KO'd by Mario's foward Smash at the center or the new Final Destination stage (yes, it's back. Also pictured below).

Notes:

Squirtle is actually a medium weight, Ivysaur is a light weight.

Fox is now lighter than Kirby, nerf-tastic.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Jesuszilla

Sounds like those last two things are ass-backwards.

UHMEEEEBA

I'm just reading what the chart there says. It may be retarded, but that's what it says.

UHMEEEEBA

January 23, 2008, 09:05:09 PM #696 Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:17:13 PM by MMF
New commercial, shows that Samus and Pikachu are one of the teams in adventure. Confirms Dedede, and PT have involvement in it.

There was another five minute video, you can see here but the site is a bit clogged.

Jesuszilla

Ahaha, Link and Yoshi.

Also, PT? Stands for?

UHMEEEEBA

Pokemon Trainer.

Also, you posted as I was editing, so again video can be seen here.

Delfino Plaza's music seems like it's a rip from Super Mario Clean Shit Up.

Jesuszilla

Indeed it is.

God that music was so repetitive and I hated it.

Other than that, I can't wait for this to come out.

UHMEEEEBA

Strange as I seem to recall Mario Tennis having a remix of that very same music... wonder why they didn't use that instead if they were just going to rip.

Then again why they didn't go through the effort of remixing it if they're putting together a track with sounds from Donkey Kong...

Jesuszilla

Fusion

January 24, 2008, 10:53:39 AM #702 Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 11:29:51 AM by Fox McCloud
Today's update shows promise in the online match capability.

Also, I may be on to a cold trail, but I and a few others noticed something regarding the Angel Island Zone update:

In the update, it is mentioned that the tune originates from Sonic The Hedgehog 3.  However, at the same time they mention that it is Knuckles' game of origin.  There is a serious problem here.

Why would Knuckles be worthy of mention with the music update?  It makes you wonder: Is Knuckles the fabled last 3rd party character?  We know that other Sonic characters will appear as stickers, but why mention Knuckles specifically?

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Quote from: Fox McCloud on January 24, 2008, 10:53:39 AM
Today's update shows promise in the online match capability.

Also, I may be on to a cold trail, but I and a few others noticed something regarding the Angel Island Zone update:

In the update, it is mentioned that the tune originates from Sonic The Hedgehog 3.  However, at the same time they mention that it is Knuckles' game of origin.  There is a serious problem here.

Why would Knuckles be worthy of mention with the music update?  It makes you wonder: Is Knuckles the fabled last 3rd party character?  We know that other Sonic characters will appear as stickers, but why mention Knuckles specifically?

He'll probably be an Assist Trophy if anything.

At least it's better than SHADOW in Brawl.

UHMEEEEBA

What he said.

Also, there is a different video on the Japanese version of the site, has Snake in it in Delfino.