• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 06:18:49 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Started by Neon_Tiger, May 22, 2007, 02:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

UHMEEEEBA

January 10, 2008, 08:26:12 AM #631 Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 03:23:47 PM by MMF
From the people at Coro Coro (which isn't suppose to be out for five days but someone must have gotten an advance), Zelda Final Smash, Light Arrow:

Oh, and yes one her move names is "Shiiku Transformation".

Theres suppose to be 29 more of those cards btw, all PT's three Pokemon are said to each get one, so it's likely ZSS and Shiek will too. Expect more of them later this week I guess.

UHMEEEEBA

Guess what? Seeing how it's gold in Japan, the only reason behind this would be localization issues, and while I think they are incompetent, Nintendo isn't THAT incompetent, it's probably still coming in Feb.

Fusion

January 11, 2008, 01:18:39 AM #633 Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:52:55 AM by Fox McCloud
Today's update is nothing special: Just Olimar & Pikmin's special moves.

US Release date is still Feb 10, 2008.

UHMEEEEBA

I totally called the White Pikmin.

UHMEEEEBA

More Coro Coro:

-First, they didn't actually state Zelda's down move, the only character they didn't. Her final smash is still Light Arrow.
-Squirtle's neutral B is Water Gun.
-Ivysaur's Foward B is Razor Leaf.
-Charizard's Recovery is Fly.
-King Dedede's neutral special is indeed is sucking up and spitting the enemy out attack.
-Wario's recovery move is called Cork Screw.
-Sonic and Snake are not default characters.
-Characters can be unlocked via single player modes, clocking enough game time or playing enough versus matches.

Fusion

January 15, 2008, 01:07:09 AM #636 Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:08:40 AM by Fox McCloud

And Mario's like: "Ha ha!  You-a suck!"

Also: Release date has changed to March 9th.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Quote from: Fox McCloud on January 15, 2008, 01:07:09 AMAlso: Release date has changed to March 9th.

Ten bucks fanboys start crying again. Still, the delay COULD mean a higher chance of Megaman being in Brawl.

Anyways, interesting update. Always wanted to see the Pikmin stage.

UHMEEEEBA

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Quote from: MMF on January 15, 2008, 07:15:06 AM
Japan got a one week delay too.

Fucking Japs get all the nice things.

Fusion

It's actually kind of a good thing.

The Japanese of course, got the one week delay.  I would presume that it was so they could produce more copies to meet demand.  Even Amazon Japan of all places ran out of pre-orders!

The move a month forward for American release is a very sound move to me.  It's right at the start of the Spring season, in which most American schools will begin wrapping up their classes for the summer break.  It's highly likely that sales during the summer will increase.

But still... The fact that Amazon Japan ran out of pre-orders...

UHMEEEEBA

January 15, 2008, 04:19:18 PM #641 Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 04:26:18 PM by MMF
Summer break? Ha, that's the day my spring break ends.

Yes, I'm aware my spring break is technically in winter, don't mention it.

It probably is a strategic delay such as Fusion mentioned, either that or there's localization problems (can't imagine what really). I've also heard some No More Heroes game is coming out in Feb, and Nintendo might want it to sell better. I think Fusion's is probably the right answer though.

Regardless, it's not enough time for them to add anything really except maybe a few trophies if they did more model ripping.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

I'm actually kind of glad it got delayed. I honestly don't know why, but maybe I just like being excited for things.

That, or watching thousands of fanboys cry, either way.

UHMEEEEBA

It is timed better over here, rather than being during testing.

Although people here are stupid.

UHMEEEEBA