• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 08:13:23 PM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Started by Neon_Tiger, May 22, 2007, 02:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Fusion

Common practice for magazines.  That's nothing new, Neon.

Besides, all those naysayers who say "brawl won't have any more characters" don't know that Sakurai said he wouldn't be revealing -everybody- who is in the game.

UHMEEEEBA

December 14, 2007, 02:23:47 PM #587 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 03:56:03 PM by Jesuszilla
I like how you completely ignore your previous stance about there being new material.

J Edit: FIXED, DON'T SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT IN AN ARGUMENT, NEON

Fusion

So instead of going with something sensible like an actual update about the features in the game, apparantly they've run out of misc details and that one last slot on the Newcomers page is going to remain unfilled.

Jesuszilla

Of course. If they revealed everything, people would not have a reason to play. (to see if Rockman's in)

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: MMF on November 27, 2007, 09:41:28 PM
This is what happens when you have a daily blog for a game, and then delay it. Now the blog has to fill in an extra two months of updates they weren't planning to (hell it was going to have come out Monday), hence why we have "technique" updates that are actually minor features such as taunting, intros and color changes (although the later two were good, Saturn Table and Snake Eater Camo = win), the third update explaining the controls, and Meta Knight's Special Moves Take Two.

I expect in the future daily blog type game websites aren't going to be around too much, they rely on the game coming out when it's planned too much.

UHMEEEEBA

December 18, 2007, 06:46:19 AM #591 Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 06:50:17 AM by MMF

Hey, it's Brinstar Depths Light. Oh, and the first reference to Metroid Prime in the whole damn game.

That music is one you hear throughout Mother 3 in various parts of the game and in different arrangements.

Fusion

Quote from: MMF on December 18, 2007, 06:46:19 AM

I think something Neon said a while back just got bitch-smacked in the face...

UHMEEEEBA

December 18, 2007, 01:19:15 PM #593 Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 01:30:54 PM by MMF
Yeah, I'll admit I was wrong.

However Japan still hates the Prime series (and well FPS's in general), so it was a fairly logical conclusion that Prime references would be kept to a minimum. Hell they made there own model for Samus instead of stealing one from Retro (like they did for all the Zelda models and Delfino Plaza) and her missiles and bombs are still based on the Super Metroid designs.

The ZSS design was first in the remake of Metroid on the GBA, and later used in Prime 2, for those curious.

Fusion

Quote from: MMF on December 18, 2007, 01:19:15 PM
The ZSS design was first in the remake of Metroid on the GBA, and later used in Prime 2

AND Prime 3, for what few seconds it did appear.

UHMEEEEBA

Oh I nearly forgot, this is probably my favorite rendition of the Pig Army Anthem.

Fusion

And today, team matches became a little more worth it.

UHMEEEEBA

I wonder if your teammate can reflect it back at you...

Fusion

That'd be very interesting.

Also, I'm convinced that the lineup we see on the Characters' page isn't the complete lineup by far.  There's likely to be more characters than shown.  They reveal 12 of the Veterans, and so far 11 of the Newcomers. That's... 23 out of what?  It's assumed there will be 40 playables or somewhere around there?  Also note that if they are going to balance out the newcomers, it has to be a 3rd and final 3rd party character.  Everybody's expecting either someone from Namco or someone from Capcom.  Though some people have thought "ITLL BE RAYMAN I NO IT"

UHMEEEEBA

I still think 36 is a good total number, but then I'm a minimalist.

At the very least Falcon will probably be a default character. After than I'm imagining most of the roster will be hidden and not announced until after the Japan release date (or the first info leak, apparently the Prima guide is already written).