• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 04:21:01 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Started by Neon_Tiger, May 22, 2007, 02:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMF

UHMEEEEBA

Obviously, having him screw with the button configurations would be hilarious.

Robert the small

GODDAMN IT NO NESS :(

We better get Mother 3, or else I'll gut ya nintendo!

TMF

Oh no they took out a character from a previous installment, this never happens in fighting games.

Robert the small

Quote from: TMF on November 08, 2007, 08:05:43 AM
Oh no they took out a character from a previous installment, this never happens in fighting games.
Come on though, this would be like like taking out Arcuied from Melty Blood, it just wouldn't work :(

UHMEEEEBA

I would like to reiterate, the originally intended to replace Ness with Lucas in Melee, they only didn't because Mother 3 was put on hold.

This really shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

Mgbenz

It doesn't make sense to US audiences though. Mother hasn't come out in there yet.

UHMEEEEBA

Again, you have to remember, Japan is the primary audience here. If other countries buy that's ok, but it's made with Japan in mind. They put Marth AND Roy in Melee, putting in characters from games the West has never played ain't exactly new.

Robert the small

Nintendo's a bunch of douchebags :(

Actually scratch that, this gives them incentive for them to bring Mother 3 out of Japan.

Fusion

Mother 3 on DS?

I can see it happening.

I mean, Capcom DID port a GBA game to the DS simply to add extra features...

Also: We've gone curiously without any word about Ness.  I have my doubts he's a playable character now, and that Lucas replaces him.  Sakurai was going for less or no clones, remember?  Lucas would technically be a Mario-Luigi clone if Ness were existant.

UHMEEEEBA

... that's kind of what we've been talking about Fusion. It's very unlikely Ness will be coming back at this point.

Nintendo isn't likely to port Mother anything, ever. Simply put Earthbound did not sell all that well, most of its popularity is from pirates after his inclusion in the original Smash Bros.. We're more likely to get results waiting for Starmen.net's fan translation.

Jesuszilla

In other words, like Samus, nobody gave a damn about Ness until Smash Bros.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Actually... that's not exactly true, Mother 2 was more popular in Japan, hence the reason it was even put in Smash. Despite a MASSIVE campaign effort by NOA, Earthbound just undersold here.

Super Metroid was also the last Metroid game in Japan that sold well. The main reason it went into recession was the creator of the series died, and the series wasn't revived until Nintendo gave Retro the rights to make the Prime games, and made Fusion and Zero-Mission themselves*.

So your statement Jesus works here, but in Japan they now give even less of a damn about Metroid.

*Thus far every Metroid reference in Brawl is to a non-Prime game, something to think about.
-Samus is still using her bomb and missile designs from Super.
-ZSS is from Zero Mission.
-Norfair is based on its Super Metroid version.
-Fusion Suit Samus Trophy

TMF

Quote from: Robert the small on November 08, 2007, 08:35:26 AM
Come on though, this would be like like taking out Arcuied from Melty Blood, it just wouldn't work :(

Your analogy is nonsensical, MB is a fighting game based on an a single series, of course they wouldn't take out a main character.

Smash is a cross over series, it makes financial sense for a protagonist to be replaced by the newer one in that franchise (see Ike and how he stole two of Roys specials).

Fusion

Norfair.  Wonder what arrangement of music they'll use if they don't make their own.