• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 10:14:34 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

MSPA Thread

Started by Jango, January 07, 2011, 01:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

So the petition ruse was a... distaction?

Jango

November 21, 2011, 01:45:51 PM #481 Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:53:48 PM by Jango
they HAVE the e-mail. Or at least they think they do, Lexxy is apparently checking for its credibility.

Also as one poster put it, it doesn't benefit either party to take legal action. If Gaia Online sets up a dialogue with Hussie, it will confirm that they did indeed infringe copyrights and Hussie will have legal ammo against them. If Hussie decides to sue, the possible compensation he would get for damages would not be enough to cover the legal expenses needed for the case, and since his site's expenses are ridiculously high (The EOA5 animation costs Newgrounds several thousand dollars a day to host alone), it's pretty much not worth it. So despite what Lexxy is saying, the best course of action is for Hussie and Gaia to not do anything.

Not like that will stop the fanbases from yelling about it though.

UPDATE: 135 Pages later, someone asked Lexxy if Hussie & Co. sent a DMCA as outlined on the damn site. Lexxy is like "THAT EXISTS?!" rendering the whole public support thing useless.

UPDATE2: A Gaia admin said they are currently "looking into it." So much for a Seppucrow kernelsprite egg all over the collective Homestuck fantards' faces.

Jmorphman

I liked it better when I didn't know about what the idiot fans are doing. Jango why can't you let me live in ignorance???

So how about the actual webcomic? That's still a thing. Let's talk about that.

Brandy Bogard

This is why people treat ANYONE who has a remotely positive opinion about Homestuck (higher than SBaHJ is awesome) EVEN WORSE than halofags furries the MUGEN community in general
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jango

November 21, 2011, 09:54:54 PM #484 Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:58:19 PM by Jango
So apparently talks are happening and Lexxy is crediting the action to everyone who signed the petition despite the fact that it's been confirmed that the petition did nothing but ruffle everyone's fea-
Quote from: Jmorphman on November 21, 2011, 07:38:18 PM
I liked it better when I didn't know about what the idiot fans are doing. Jango why can't you let me live in ignorance???

So how about the actual webcomic? That's still a thing. Let's talk about that.

Sure thing. What is Bro doing leaving his glasses on the bathroom sink?

... See, nothing interesting is happening in the comic right now. You can also blame Hussie for reblogging Lexxy's post on tumblr, with his "oh hey thanks for the thread Lexxy, I'm aware but not doing anything" being interpreted as "EVERYONE FLAME THE SHIT OUT OF GAIA ONLINE."

Not that Gaia isn't a horrible, horrible place but still...

Jango

Just noticed this ad banner for Sister Claire, which I'm starting to get into

Jmorphman

So I saw this image in the Onion and I thought it was Hussie.

(the skin in the physical copy is much more yellow)

Am I crazy?

Brandy Bogard

People would say you're crazy just for liking Homestuck at all.

That is, if you survived the maiming that would ensue.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

I'm sorry I'm just too distracted at how awful a pie chart that is.

Jmorphman

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on November 25, 2011, 05:20:37 PM
I'm sorry I'm just too distracted at how awful a pie chart that is.
Are you saying the Onion isn't a beacon of journalistic excellence?!?!?!

UHMEEEEBA

Even for a satire website that's still pretty damn awful.

Jango

Homestuck Book One just got released. Good lord is that how he's handling animations?

UHMEEEEBA

What the fuck he still hasn't finished the Problem Sleuth book.

Jango

Act Six Act One???

Suddenly it dawns on me that there's about two years worth of Homestuck on the horizon. My main argument being that Disc Two was inserted near the end of Act 5 which took more than two years to tell.

UHMEEEEBA

Hussie is just fucking with us at this point.

"Disc two" might be shorter than disc one, sometimes that happened in older multi-disc games where the game almost could have fit on one but couldn't quite.

As long as we don't end up with all the characters sitting in chairs and expositing the plot to us we'll probably be good.