• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 09:51:38 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

MSPA Thread

Started by Jango, January 07, 2011, 01:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmorphman

Quote from: Jango on June 01, 2011, 03:37:06 PM
No seriously, take a step back and look. the death rate is so frequent and cheap, that I cant even read it with morbid curiosity.
And I think that it takes guts to so ruthlessly dispatch characters that are beloved by your fans.

take also into account that the update rate the site is FAMOUS FOR is slowing with subpar updates, and that more and more products are coming out.
The update schedule has always been erratic. But it usually outpaces that of other webcomics. And I don't think these updates are subpar.

The comic stopped being a unique story and started milking the name for what it's worth. Hell I am confident he doesnt care about telling a compelling or even COHERENT story any more.
Seriously?

As long as he's got gullible fans that will buy the t-shirts (dont get me started on that though), and gullible "team" members who volunteer their time for something he makes a profit on that they do not receive any payment for (hence the art team tip jar), he doesnt need to worry about making a good story at all.
IT'S HIS JOB. THAT IS HOW HE GETS MONEY. BY SELLING THINGS.

Seriously Jango ever since the music team fiasco it feels like you've been looking for any excuse to bash Hussie. >:[

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jango

Editing quotes on this phone is clumsy as hell so I shall instead number my responses.

1. when you have 16+ characters fighting for screen time, its hard to get attached, especially if they start getting systematically killed.

2. lately these updates are BOOM death then BOOM death then BOOM Dr. Scratch being cryptic, and we'll find out that Hussie has been keeping a secret about some secret power or afterlife or whatever which most convential writers will tell you is a bad way to tell a story.

3. as I said up there, the story hinges on misinformation and convenient new plot devices popping up.

4. selling a t-shirt like his last two SBAHJ shirts is terrible. Same thing with the albums.

additionally, the what pumpkin store has gotten complaints about customers ordering stuff and Hussie and co not sending the orders and just pocketing the money until they get a complaint. mostly international orders and the like, but still...

Tyrannosaurus Reich

was homestuck EVER coherent

compelling maybe, but COHERENT?

lol jango you're funny

Jango

The thing is it made sense in the long run. Things that seemed nonsensical at first became both sensible AND important (ie: the bunny). Lately, mostly everything is muddled in plo twists and alternate universes and callback after callback.

Jmorphman

Quote from: Jango on June 01, 2011, 08:14:13 PM
The thing is it made sense in the long run. Things that seemed nonsensical at first became both sensible AND important (ie: the bunny). Lately, mostly everything is muddled in plo twists and alternate universes and callback after callback.
And the stuff that's happening now can't do that?

Also was there something wrong with the SBaHJ shirts?

Jango

This latest development showed that what happens in one alt will inevitably happen in another timeline as well, which contradicts the alt timeline Davesprite is from. Jade died in that timeline, and as it was shown, it is impossible for her to die under these circumstances for a multitude of reasons:

1. Noir is incapable of killing her due to the Bec prototyping
2. Draconian Dignitary is too busy being a puppet ruler on Derse to kill her and has no desire to do so.
3. Courtyard Droll switched allegiances and for the most part is an idiot.
4. Possibly misleading but as of now, she will survive long enough to beget a child who will beget her grandson who will send Liv Tyler and the weapons back to John.

Tl;dr, whoops plothole

Jango

And if you have no qualms about going outside with a shirt that portrays The Big Man as it is in the comics, congratulations, your fandom exceeds basic human dignity.

Jmorphman

June 01, 2011, 09:16:13 PM #353 Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:20:32 PM by Jmorphman
Quote from: Jango on June 01, 2011, 08:58:38 PM
This latest development showed that what happens in one alt will inevitably happen in another timeline as well, which contradicts the alt timeline Davesprite is from. Jade died in that timeline, and as it was shown, it is impossible for her to die under these circumstances for a multitude of reasons:

1. Noir is incapable of killing her due to the Bec prototyping
2. Draconian Dignitary is too busy being a puppet ruler on Derse to kill her and has no desire to do so.
3. Courtyard Droll switched allegiances and for the most part is an idiot.
4. Possibly misleading but as of now, she will survive long enough to beget a child who will beget her grandson who will send Liv Tyler and the weapons back to John.

Tl;dr, whoops plothole
Jade died because John never brought her into the medium.

Quote from: Jango on June 01, 2011, 09:14:43 PM
And if you have no qualms about going outside with a shirt that portrays The Big Man as it is in the comics, congratulations, your fandom exceeds basic human dignity.
I'm... what? What do you mean?

edit: also I'm not the kinda person who wears shirts like that, for anything, I just like plain shirts, I feel like stuff with logos or whatever on it is too ostentatious

Jango

1. Doesnt change facts that in that timeline, she's dead. Like the timeline that Hussie used as an example today.

2. Im saying the average rational person wouldnt wear the shirt with The Big Man on it, especially the way it looks.

UHMEEEEBA

June 01, 2011, 11:09:18 PM #355 Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:12:26 PM by UHMEEEEBA
In defense of the bull shit time travel nonsense in Homestuck, Hussie still hasn't resorted to literally having the characters wish someone back into existence after being deleted from time.

Seriously that was possibly the single most stupid thing I've ever seen.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Quote from: Jango on June 01, 2011, 10:47:26 PM
Im saying the average rational person wouldnt wear the shirt with The Big Man on it, especially the way it looks.

i dunno man, nothing wets panties more than a man wearing a shirt of NITE MAGIC

Insanius

A friend of mine is a brony and wears MLP t-shirts.  I'm thinking a SBaHJ shirt would be a perfect contrast.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

On the subject of all this writing shit

[spoiler]What the hell happened to the denizens? The most we got to see was Jade's being frozen, and even that was just a silhouette. Is Hussie really expecting to forget something as big as a fucking boss fight with mythological beings?[/spoiler]

Jmorphman

Quote from: Tyrannosaurus Reich on June 02, 2011, 11:09:25 AM
On the subject of all this writing shit

[spoiler]What the hell happened to the denizens? The most we got to see was Jade's being frozen, and even that was just a silhouette. Is Hussie really expecting to forget something as big as a fucking boss fight with mythological beings?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I don't think we're gonna get a fight with any of them, as the kid's session has been going really off the rails.[/spoiler]