• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 10:12:44 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

MSPA Thread

Started by Jango, January 07, 2011, 01:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Hey if it means they pass out on stage in their own vomit I'm all for it man.

Jmorphman

Quote from: Jango on May 28, 2011, 06:48:49 PM
Lexxy basically accused fanartists for MSPA who accept comissions for MSPA stuff as infringing copyright and Hussie ended up clarifying on his formspring on the details, and while it's not as bad as Kung_Fu_Lexxy's spokesmanship claimed, it's still bad for people who sell fanart of his stuff, and if you read some of the responses, people are pissed. I heard its worse on the forums but I aint going back there.

And yes I checked with *censored* and the Terezi project is still go because Hussie got an undisclosed percentage of the comission. I really dont know how I should feel about that, although I'm just glad I can still do this.
I dunno, isn't that the official policy of... everyone? Like, "you can do it but it's kinda wrong, also don't go overboard and start making merch or something ludicrous like that"

At least that's what I got from the formspring question.

Jango

May 28, 2011, 10:06:47 PM #332 Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:10:24 PM by Jango
If that was the case, then Topatoco, Fangamer, and a shitload of other websites would go down.

Also Hussie announced new albums (yes, plural) next week, promising new songs as well as some remi-GODDAMMIT SOUND TEAM STOP FUCKING REMIXING YOUR SHIT AND SELLING IT

UHMEEEEBA

Plural? Now that's just greedy.

Jesuszilla

Fuck it, make MSPA vs. Touhou and piss everybody off.

Tired of it.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: Jesuszilla on May 29, 2011, 01:26:29 AM
Fuck it, make MSPA vs. Touhou and piss everybody off.

Tired of it.

Been done already.

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jmorphman

UHMEEEEBA

New albums.

Don't give a fuck and am not even going to bother listening.

Jango

Did michael guy bowman really name his characters "Mobius Trip" and "Hadron Kaleido?"

I dont even need to criticize the sound quality (plus my phone wont play it), just the fact that he named one charafter after a pararox and another after an old INTERNET MEME is enough to say the album will suck, and that Toby Radiation was wrong in how similar their humor is to Hussie's. Even Zapp Rowsdower is a better name than those two.

Hell I'll up the stakes and make up two pun-based names that are better than those off the top of my head: Dora Bachs and Amy Taba.

See? Same concept, no bullshit. Those are still terrible but theyre infinitely better than... Hadron Kaleido... ugh

Jmorphman

June 01, 2011, 08:01:25 AM #340 Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:05:50 AM by Jmorphman
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

T3R3Z1

OH GOD
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

edit: also Jango, seriously? You're gonna say it will suck based solely on the names? It's from the guy behind Explore and Sburban Jungle for God's sake.

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on May 25, 2011, 03:15:38 PM
Hussie's been treating the characters like disposable silverware, there is no part of this development that is surprising.

Jango

As much as love Terezi, what UHMEEEEBA said.

And yes, Bowman's quality has been on decline lately.

Jmorphman

Geez you guys are a bunch of Debbie Downers.

Jango

June 01, 2011, 03:37:06 PM #344 Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:41:09 PM by Jango
No seriously, take a step back and look. the death rate is so frequent and cheap, that I cant even read it with morbid curiosity.

take also into account that the update rate the site is FAMOUS FOR is slowing with subpar updates, and that more and more products are coming out. The comic stopped being a unique story and started milking the name for what it's worth. Hell I am confident he doesnt care about telling a compelling or even COHERENT story any more. As long as he's got gullible fans that will buy the t-shirts (dont get me started on that though), and gullible "team" members who volunteer their time for something he makes a profit on that they do not receive any payment for (hence the art team tip jar), he doesnt need to worry about making a good story at all.

On a sidenote, the artist I hired is asking for more time because *censored* has other urgent projects atm. Hopefully it's not one of Hussie's projects because if so, that means that volunteer work from an e-celebrity takes priority over a paying customer from four months ago. >:(