• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 12:10:44 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Mega Man Legends 3 for the Nintendo 3DS is DEAD!!!

Started by UHMEEEEBA, September 21, 2010, 12:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Tyrannosaurus Reich

I'm not surprised

At all

With MMU cancelled, Mega Man not being in MvC3, and now THIS, it's pretty safe to say that Capcom no longer gives a shit about Mega Man fans

Brandy Bogard

Pretty sure this is retribution against Inafune leaving Capcom.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

UHMEEEEBA

July 18, 2011, 08:51:26 PM #50 Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:14:47 PM by UHMEEEEBA
So that leaves that Archie Mega Man comic... and that's about it.

The final kicker to the Legends 3 cancellation I guess is the fact the 3DS isn't doing as well as forecast. All the other things, Inafune leaving, the bad sales records, and the fact I'm sure they had metrics on the devroom and they probably weren't up to what they wanted led to this.

Brandy Bogard

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jango

This is the second time I can recall that Nintendo was involved in a production that got cancelled after fan input.

The first was when Nintendo Power ran a contest where the winner got flown to Hollywood to get a cameo in The Mask 2.

UHMEEEEBA

The only Nintendo Power contest I remember was the issue wide Where's Waldo type contest with a bunch of colored Game Boys. I specifically remember them photoshopping one over a screen shot of a car in a racing game. That has nothing to do with the thread however.

What does is the fact that my offhand comment about Capcom being a bit worried about the 3DS not selling well may have some merit as quite a few companies are canceling 3DS projects. One was even delayed specifically because the company doesn't think the 3DS is going to do well (which is something you generally don't say).

Jesuszilla

the only thing that could make that picture more complete is if you had X Series Zero standing on top of the fire laughing, flipping off everyone down below.

Fusion

What JZ said, except with Flame Hyenard wearing a business suit with a little "Capcom Executive Management" tag.

UHMEEEEBA

Jesuszilla