• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 10:46:29 AM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Started by Tyrannosaurus Reich, April 08, 2010, 10:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

The press release said only two DLC characters are planned bringing the grand total to 50.

If original MVC3 was any indication they'll just be key unlocks again.

Jango

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on July 20, 2011, 09:03:23 PM
The press release said only two DLC characters are planned bringing the grand total to 50.

If original MVC3 was any indication they'll just be key unlocks again.

MVC3 without DLC: 36
UMVC3 additions: 12
Jill and Shuma DLC: 2

36 + 12 + 2 = 50

So when they said 48 characters plus DLC, Jill and Shuma Gorath are the DLC so nothing new there.

UHMEEEEBA

Welp I didn't even think of that. So much for that then we know the entire full roster.

Jesuszilla

now we need a sethshrug.jpg

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

From what I've heard Seth is actually pretty pissed off about the leak, so I doubt he'd be shrugging right now.

Jesuszilla

yes he is pissed off

that's what'd make it perfect. it's ironic.

UHMEEEEBA

As mad as he is I imagine Marvel is much more mad at Capcom on a professional level.

Jesuszilla

July 21, 2011, 03:46:59 PM #787 Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:27:01 PM by Jesuszilla
https://www.facebook.com/marvelvscapcom3/posts/227163280655517

EDIT: http://www.destructoid.com/sdcc-interview-niitsuma-on-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-206630.phtml

QuoteNiitsuma: After the release of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 there were plans to release DLC. But, as you know, less than a month after the game was released we had the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. That had an impact on everything, and it threw off our whole development schedule. We decided that instead of doing the DLC we could put it all together in one package, add some additional stuff to make it robust and deliver it as a disc.
people are pissed quick let's pin this on the earthquake and tsunami

UHMEEEEBA

July 21, 2011, 04:56:53 PM #788 Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:25:22 PM by UHMEEEEBA
Nitsuma's official statement on why there are no new Mega Man characters in UMVC3.

Quote"I'm sorry, there is no Mega Man in Ultimate," Niitsuma apologized. "We had a lot of requests from fans for Mega Man or at least one of them to be in the game. Out of all of the requests we got for Capcom characters, he just didn't enter the top part of the ranking. Unfortunately, he didn't make the cut."

Yes despite the fact X scored number 1 on Capcom Unity's DLC poll not enough fans wanted it. Somehow.

Fusion

Like we've been saying in the other thread: Capcom does not give a fuck about Mega Man.

I bet Inafune was the only reason we got Zero and Tron in MvC3.

UHMEEEEBA

Tron was fairly popular in MvC2, Zero was popular in TvC. I'd put money on that more than anything after they put in Sentinel for popularity.

Jesuszilla

AAAAAAAAAAARGH AND THE EYES IN THE TEXTURES ARE BLUE, NOT GREEN

:ikk:

They need to FIX IT

UHMEEEEBA

Brandy Bogard

Quote from: Jesuszilla on August 03, 2011, 04:14:21 PM
AAAAAAAAAAARGH AND THE EYES IN THE TEXTURES ARE BLUE, NOT GREEN

:ikk:

They need to FIX IT

Calm down. It's just a character..........
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Tyrannosaurus Reich