• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 09:59:13 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Dino D-Day

Started by Tyrannosaurus Reich, November 14, 2009, 08:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrannosaurus Reich

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dino-d-day/news/dino-d-day-the-mod-released
http://www.dinodday.com/

Yes, its EXACTLY what you think it is

As you probably already know (considering my username and all), I am fucking stoked for this game

Jesuszilla

It better have Tyrannosaurus Reich, dammit.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

November 15, 2009, 12:00:26 AM #2 Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:10:51 AM by Tyrannosaurus Reich
So I decided to e-mail him some suggestions since it looked like he was more than willing to look at some feedback from whoever

Quote from: meFirst off, let me just take this time to say that Dino D-Day is already my most anticipated Steam title of 2010. I love FPS games, and I love dinosaurs. In fact, when I was a kid, I practically BREATHED dinosaurs. Seeing these two elements and a bit WWII history come together simply makes the child in me want to wet himself until he wets his pants so much that he actually faints from the lack of bodily fluids.

But fanboyism aside, I have a few of suggestions for your upcoming game.

1. This probably won't happen, but any chance you might add ice age animals? You know, woolly mammoth, woolly rhino, sabre-toothed tiger, Gastornis, etc. I think it might be interesting to add a few other prehistoric critters into the mix.

2. A Megalodon boss. Yes, the biggest shark ever to roam the prehistoric seas as a boss in this game. Perhaps you could make it submarine like in nature and give it the ability to shoot torpedoes from cannons mounted on its sides.

3. Baryonyx. Just....Baryonyx. Baryonyx is my favorite dinosaur, just look at that huge claw it has.

So yeah, those are my ideas. Overall though, really stoked for this game. Keep up the good work, and best of luck to you.

and his response

Quote from: that other guyThanks for the feedback!

I've been pretty shocked by how much people have embraced the game. Frankly, I thought people would be a lot more critical of how rough around the edges the mod is.

As far as your suggestions go, let me give you some feedback. We've talked about using Ice Age animals somewhere down the road but probably not in this episode. So I want you to picture this: A German soldier on the back of a Wooly Mammoth standing guard in Red Square...cause you know, if the Germans had dinosaurs they would have certainly taken Moscow. If we continue making Dino D-Day games you will see this at some point...I swear!

Megalodon is an awesome animal too, we've talked about what we could do with other marine reptiles: Elasmosaurus, Mosasaur, heck even a saltwater croc like Sarcosuchus.

Baryonyx...hmmm, I'm not familiar with that one. I'll have to check it out.

I'm going to post some news in a couple days letting everyone know some of the dinosaurs (and non-dinosaurs) they'll see in the full game. I'll keep you posted!

so yeah this is pretty awesome

Jesuszilla

Tyrannosaurus Reich

holy shit

game of the century

Jesuszilla

Holy shit. Wait, was that particular dinosaur (not a triceratops, clearly, despite the resemblance) ever that big?

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Quote from: Jesuszilla on November 17, 2009, 12:30:00 PM
Holy shit. Wait, was that particular dinosaur (not a triceratops, clearly, despite the resemblance) ever that big?

Probably not, but then again I think a game where Nazis are capable of cloning dinosaurs isn't exactly aiming for realism

also that's Styracosaurus

ughwtf

Actually, I think it WAS that big.

Tyrannosaurus Reich