• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 04:56:11 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Mega Man Battle Network Stays Dead

Started by Neon_Tiger, June 22, 2009, 01:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

June 22, 2009, 01:21:16 AM Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:30:37 PM by Fox McCloud
To form what is sure to be a shitty crossover with it's diet counterpart.

"MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK END" MY ASS

FUCK YOU CAPCOM WITH RUSTY NAILS

Fusion

As I and a bunch of other Megaman fans out there say:

"Thanks, Capcom.  We thought you were gonna make something good."

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Seems the game is not a crossover but a remake of the very first Battle Network using Star Force's engine, at least that's what the rumors say presently.

Still shit.

Fusion

July 16, 2009, 11:01:43 AM #4 Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 01:26:27 PM by Fox McCloud
This is all speculation at this point but...

Operation Star Force (Doesn't that sound better than Operate Shooting Star?  Also more in line with the US release) doesn't strike me as a -complete- remake.  Why would they use Subaru and then just ditch him because the game's a remake?

I'm thinking that it's partial remake, partial secret-surprise-we-don't-know-yet.  Maybe... It's a game in which Capcom explores the possibility of time travel.  Why else would they use Geo in the art instead of just Megaman himself?

Jesuszilla

Fusion

Quote from: Jesuszilla on July 16, 2009, 12:41:58 PM
There's a dude named after a fucking car?

That's actually kind of common in Japan.  Honda (the car company), for instance, didn't bitch about E. Honda.

UHMEEEEBA

Actually it is a remake. Any appearance of Subaru on the logos is likely because there is either a new side quest that involves him somehow, or just for marketing purposes.

Alternatively, it could be using time travel like that new Star Trek movie.

And he's named after the Japanese name for the Pleiades constellation, which is also what the car company is named after, there logo IS the constellation.

UHMEEEEBA

So it turns out it's not a remake... it's a port.

That is to say it is literally a port of the GBA game with minor pointless additions, they didn't even update the music, and in the new areas they actually used music from the other Starforce games, I'm NOT shitting you!

Seriously the only things added to the game where a half handed scenario for ClockMan and the ability to play as the dude from the spinoff following that scenario. Besides that any changes are REALLY cosmetic like new mugshots for ten characters in the game and changing some of the chip codes to make the letter S less horribly broken.

I am fucking ASTOUNDED at how much Capcom fucking dialed this in, even for them this is BEYOND horrible.

I think the real telling thing here is that the DS version of Battle Network 5 had new features added to it, new music and support for multiple save files where this... this has nothing besides a new scenario and pointless balance changes.

Jesuszilla

Why the hell are the people on the Rockman sites eating this shit up? Even we had some dread towards SFe.

UHMEEEEBA

Well not all of them are, a lot of people still never liked Star Force to begin with. And even then some of those who did are even calling Capcom out on this now that the game has launched.

UHMEEEEBA

I'm just posting to point out Capcoms DRM for this made me laugh. If you try and play it on a flashcard it sets the random encounter rate to 1. That is you get into a fight EVERY time you move.

I think Capcom is deliberately trolling its fanbase with this game.

Jesuszilla

Insanius

"It's a crossover!"
"It's not a crossover, it's a remake!"
"It's only a partial remake."
"It's actually a full remake."
"It's actually a port."

What's next?  SURPRISE IT'S JUST A RERELEASE

UHMEEEEBA

Well Capcom did sort of tell us jack shit about the game until it was released.