• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 09:29:22 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

Monkey Island

Started by Neon_Tiger, June 01, 2009, 12:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

June 01, 2009, 12:10:20 PM Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:15:58 PM by Torgo
I'd make a dairy farmer joke but I don't think it'd fit.

They're both doing a new five part episodic series* and a remake** of the original 1990 game.

*PC and Wii Ware.

**XBOX Live Arcade and PC

I'd say more but there isn't a word in the English language that conveys how awesome this could be if done right.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

if they remake grim fandango i will die a happy man

Jango

Ask me about Grim Fandango [/Monkey Island Cameo Reference]

UHMEEEEBA

Bumping this to post that yes, Murray the demonic talking skull will make an appearance in one of the episodes of Tales.

The first episode of Tales was good enough by the way, hell it was better than the entirety of Escape but that's besides the point.

Haven't checked out the remake yet though.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

SuperYoshi says its pretty damn good

I'll definitely pick it up along with MVC2 and some other 800 point game

Jango

I bought the first episode of Monkey Island on the Wii. It's almost unplayable just because for some stupid reason, the programmers decided to emulate the lag. Combine that with the REQUIREMENT of using the Wiimote to aim, and... well I turned it off after 5 minutes and went back to watching The Mighty Boosh.

UHMEEEEBA

You have to remember that Nintendo forces all Wii Ware titles to be at most 40 MB,

The PC version of Tales of Monkey Island is over 200 MB.

THEREFORE SHIT HAPPENED

You can still get the entire season on PC for less than what the remaining four episodes would cost you on the Wii, no really.

K.O.D

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Quote from: Jango on August 18, 2009, 05:05:55 PM
I bought the first episode of Monkey Island on the Wii. It's almost unplayable just because for some stupid reason, the programmers decided to emulate the lag. Combine that with the REQUIREMENT of using the Wiimote to aim, and... well I turned it off after 5 minutes and went back to watching The Mighty Boosh.

lol playing point and click games on a wii

Tyrannosaurus Reich

jango really needs to get an xbox

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

more like gaystation pee

ahahaha

MC2

Jesuszilla

Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on August 18, 2009, 05:55:42 PM
You have to remember that Nintendo forces all Wii Ware titles to be at most 40 MB,

The PC version of Tales of Monkey Island is over 200 MB.

THEREFORE SHIT HAPPENED

You can still get the entire season on PC for less than what the remaining four episodes would cost you on the Wii, no really.
So should I get the original or go for the remake...?

Just try to keep things peaceful.