• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 07:55:40 PM

News:

Visit our IRC channel, #TrinityMUGEN on irc.sorcery.net!

E3 2008

Started by Neon_Tiger, July 14, 2008, 11:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

July 14, 2008, 11:02:52 PM Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 09:26:23 PM by Jesuszilla
Really? I'm gone the whole day and no one else made this topic yet?

I know E3 is a pitiful shadow of what it use to be but geez.

Portal Sequel/Prequel Remake dated for Xbox 360.

Nintendo's latest new peripheral, it now makes the controller behave LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Resident Evil 5 in March 2009.

Gears of War 2 in November.

Fable II in October.

XBox Live, now with Miis.

Galaga II... wait what?

Final Fantasy XIII coming to XBox 360.

Bungie up to their usual nefarious deeds.

Nintendo DS Super Lite Rumor

Spore running an 38 % of God Capacity.

Original Banjo Kazooie to XBLA later this year. The game has not been confirmed to still suck but all signs point to yes.

EDIT: Stickied because of E3 '08's relevance to this week.  - FUZN

MC2

(Futilely prays for KOF XII and Klonoa 3)

UHMEEEEBA

July 15, 2008, 11:26:02 AM #2 Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 12:10:35 PM by UHMEEEEBA
From Nintendo's conference:

Animal Crossing City Folk announced for 2008.

FINALLY a Microphone feature called Wii Speak, supposedly used with Animal Crossing. Not a headset it goes on top the sensor bar apparently.

Like last year Nintendo's conference seems to be mostly statistics.

Some Star Wars game.

Some Rayman game.

Call of Duty: World at War for Wii

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for DS

Wii Sports Resort, apparently includes beach sports i.e. jet skiing and Frisbee. Yet strangely includes fencing, yes fencing. The new peripheral is packaged with Wii Sports Resort.

Demonstrated their damn new peripheral.

Announced Wii Music that use the balance board, Nunchuck and Wiimote. The balance board is used for drums. People said the presentation was awkward and pretty bad... Apparently there is no scoring system whatsoever. Around this point people stopped clapping.

And that's it...

Fusion

July 15, 2008, 12:18:44 PM #3 Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 02:42:49 PM by [Matsuda]
Quote from: UHMEEEEBA on July 15, 2008, 11:26:02 AM
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for DS

Nintendo's looking to cause waves in the industry, I can feel it.

Wii Sports Resort, apparently includes beach sports i.e. jet skiing and Frisbee. Yet strangely includes fencing, yes fencing. The new peripheral is packaged with Wii Sports Resort.

The fencing's got me excited, as well as jet skiing and frisbee.  I've always wanted use a sword, jet ski, and I've thrown frisbees for quite a while, though not for sport.

Announced Wii Music that use the balance board, Nunchuck and Wiimote. The balance board is used for drums. People said the presentation was awkward and pretty bad... Apparently there is no scoring system whatsoever. Around this point people stopped clapping.

You're not dealing with trained professionals, they're showing the average player's experience.  You don't need a f-ing points system to play a game about music.  It's like all people wanted was just a clone of Guitar Hero.  Adding a points system is like just ASKING for another Wii Fit situation where the game called a 10-year old 'fat'.

Gee.  Sony's presentation is boring.

Fusion

Jesuszilla

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Fusion

It's like Sony's saying "You want PS3 BC?  Well FUCK YOU!  Go get a PS2."

Jesuszilla

BC is part of the reason I waited for the 80Gb model with MGS4. Hell I'm sure that's why everyone waited for that model except the die-hard MGS fans.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

Capcom's conference happened not much but an UNHOLY ALLIANCE OF DAVID HAYTER AND INAFUNE to make a Lost Planet movie.

Fusion

Quote from: [Kira] on July 15, 2008, 05:53:04 PM
BC is part of the reason I waited for the 80Gb model with MGS4. Hell I'm sure that's why everyone waited for that model except the die-hard MGS fans.

Heh, I waited for both MGS4 and the 80 GB PS3.  That and it included the DualShock 3 as a cool bonus, so that was an awesome find.

UHMEEEEBA

Insanius

DUKE NUKEM TRILOGY TRAILER
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36747.html

YOU DON'T HAVE A CUMMING SMILEY  >:(

Tyrannosaurus Reich

DMK

what the hell

anyways James did a E3 recap of what he got to see at the conference and shows some pretty cool things includeing a bit of Megaman 9 gameplay. Thought some would like it for both it being AVGN and some things I haven't seen yet from games I'm looking foward too.