• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:51:08 AM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

This so many kinds of stupid it gets its own topic.

Started by Neon_Tiger, March 31, 2008, 08:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

Fusion

This time I agree with you.

I dislike "rap" music because all it is is just a simple loop probably made in a MIDI played over and over again with some black guy talking about something he says he has but really doesn't.

UHMEEEEBA

March 31, 2008, 08:46:24 AM #2 Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 08:50:25 AM by Cigarette Smoking Man
Quote from: [Matsuda] on March 31, 2008, 08:22:34 AM
MIDI

Quote from: [Matsuda] on December 14, 2007, 10:47:56 PM
I don't understand what's so bad about MIDI.  It was used in the past, it's used today, I don't see what's so wrong with it.  I mean, as long as you use good instruments I couldn't care less if it was a MIDI.

The_None

Bastard's ripped of the script straight from the Shaq Fu sequel!

Fusion

Quote from: Cigarette Smoking Man on March 31, 2008, 08:46:24 AM
Quote from: [Matsuda] on March 31, 2008, 08:22:34 AM
MIDI

Quote from: [Matsuda] on December 14, 2007, 10:47:56 PM
I don't understand what's so bad about MIDI.  It was used in the past, it's used today, I don't see what's so wrong with it.  I mean, as long as you use good instruments I couldn't care less if it was a MIDI.

Out of context, Neon.  Back the, you were complaining about Video Game music being all "MIDI-like".  I was simply stating something different: Rap music.  Rap music is not equal to game music.  I still don't have a problem with MIDIs as long as they sound good, but Rap altogether sucks.

UHMEEEEBA

So you're ok with MIDI as long as being done in video games as an outdated sound format but not with it anywhere else?

Sounds like you're the one with context problems here.

Fusion

con·text      /ˈkɒntɛkst/  [kon-tekst]
–noun
1.   the parts of a written or spoken statement that precede or follow a specific word or passage, usually influencing its meaning or effect: You have misinterpreted my remark because you took it out of context.
2.   the set of circumstances or facts that surround a particular event, situation, etc.
3.   Mycology. the fleshy fibrous body of the pileus in mushrooms.

Eat Dictionary, Neon.

UHMEEEEBA

Nah, you seem a bit desperate to try and prove me wrong. As far as I'm concerned your still a fanboy who will eat whatever badly synthed shit is tossed your way while blasting the same medium in another context.

Fusion

March 31, 2008, 09:46:46 AM #8 Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:16:45 AM by [Matsuda]
FYI, I don't accept Rap or Hip Hop.  Therefore, I do not accept badly synthed crap.  Besides, tastes in music cannot be discussed.  Either we like something or we don't, and calling me a fanboy doesn't prove me desperate to beat you, it proves you to be a fanboy yourself as well as immature since you're trying to create a picture of me as being some kind of sinner in a world of worshipers all dedicated to one god.

Let's let our tastes be and just stop trying to fight each other.

Jesuszilla

I think what he's trying to say is that he doesn't mind MIDI, but doesn't like shitty MIDI.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Jesuszilla

No, MIDI is good if it's done right. Case in point: The 7th Guest soundtrack

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Fusion

The In-Game BGM to an original Shoot 'em up called 'Reincarnation' also uses MIDI for it's BGM.  Funny thing is, you wouldn't believe it was MIDI it's so well sequenced.  And that's even with the original MIDI file.