• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:10:55 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

Wii Want More

Started by Fusion, March 29, 2008, 11:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesuszilla

My guess is you can't put VC games on your memory card. Must be to prevent piracy or something.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

You can, but you can't play games off of them, they have to be on the Wii's memory for them to be recognized.

Fusion

Nintendo doesn't recognize that they -could- use the Wii console's number as a means of identifying which game can run on which console.

Say like if your Wii's console number is '1' then the game will only run on Wii consoles that have that number.  So far, I've found that no one's been able to fake a friend code or change the code their DS generates to match someone else's DS.  I've also heard no stories of people having duplicate Wii codes.

DMK

Alright, I just wanted to be sure.

makes me wonder why Nintendo hasn't been trying to make new ones that work with your Wii.

But basicly right now all we can do is resave the games we downloaded onto another flashcard and switch out games between cards when the Wii's internal card gets full?  :(

Fusion

This just in: Nintendo not thinking long-term.

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: DMK on March 31, 2008, 11:11:49 AM
But basicly right now all we can do is resave the games we downloaded onto another flashcard and switch out games between cards when the Wii's internal card gets full?  :(

Yes, thats what the expect you to do.

DMK

I only have a few games I've played so far but I know some I will be downloading and to have to do this pisses me the fuck off, as Matsuda stated what in the world were they thinking releaseing a console like this with no other means to save games among other things after the first card gets full and be able to actualy use it without means of transfering back and fourth?

Nintendo best be damn working on a larger flashcard that works properly.

UHMEEEEBA

Quote from: DMK on March 31, 2008, 01:33:07 PM
what in the world were they thinking releaseing a console like this with no other means to save games among other things after the first card gets full and be able to actualy use it without means of transfering back and fourth?

"LOL GIMMICKS."