• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:49:38 PM

News:

Anyone found direct-linking to our files will be perma-banned. Click here for more info.

ITT: Sonic Games

Started by Fusion, March 02, 2008, 03:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UHMEEEEBA

That is surreal as fuck.

Here's hoping for cameos by Sonics from shittier games that are only there to die in horrible ways. Like the Were-hog having his limbs ripped off and bleeding to death slowly or Black Knight Sonic tripping and impaling himself with his own sword. That'd be fucking awesome.

Tyrannosaurus Reich

speaking of which I would actually be moderately interested in this if it has classic Eggman and they called him "Robotnik"

UHMEEEEBA

April 08, 2011, 11:29:09 PM #527 Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 12:30:15 AM by UHMEEEEBA
Hey whatever happened to Sonic 4 Episode 2? I know there was that article Fusion posted where a SEGA exec basically threw the first episode under the bus and stated Colors was the game they really wanted to be good along... but still I'm actually slightly surprised we haven't heard anything about episode 2 yet, it's rather un-SEGAish.

Fusion

Dimps might be busy with other projects.  If I call it right, they're currently busy with Sonic Generations.

UHMEEEEBA

After the success of Colors and relative lukewarm reception of Sonic 4 Episode 1 I'd imagine they'd have the Colors team work on this instead of Dimps.

UHMEEEEBA

April 18, 2011, 03:09:26 PM #530 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:21:02 PM by UHMEEEEBA

Here have some Sonic Generations footage Classic Sonic plays like you would expect in a 2d plane. Modern Sonic seems to be of the Unleashed/Colors variety. They both go through the same areas but with radically different routes.

So it would be fair to say that both Dimps AND the Colors team are working on this then.

Also given this it might be safe to say Sonic 4 was swept under the rug at this point.

Edit: Also some impressions from Joystiq which played a demo. Also a bit on the story (basic time fuckery nothing to write home about) and confirmation the game will revisit a few different past locales none specifically named but at the very least something from the "Dreamcast era and the Modern era".

UHMEEEEBA

UHMEEEEBA

Tyrannosaurus Reich

Jesuszilla

Heh, Sonic Generations is taking a page straight out of that fangame it seems.

My only gripe is it doesn't look like there are very many enemies.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

UHMEEEEBA

You know there is a quote option right? See like this:

Quote from: tomsa on May 12, 2011, 01:50:22 AM
After the success of Colors and relative lukewarm reception of Sonic 4 Episode 1 I'd imagine they'd have the Colors team work on this instead of Dimps. :sho:

Jesuszilla

That was a bot. Took a few posts for me to see it, but then I noticed it was just copypasting everything and adding a random smiley.

UHMEEEEBA

Odd it didn't copy the full post. I don't see the point of a bot with such a behavior.

Jesuszilla

Well see how easily it fooled us for a while? Well, even if it WAS for 2 posts, that's still longer than it would have taken to detect most other bots.

Yeah...

UHMEEEEBA

Well anyways back on topic, Sega will be throwing a party while E3 is still going on, a playable demo of Sonic Generations will be present. Probably just the same one Joystiq tried though so don't expect anything new announced.