• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 04:17:54 AM

News:

If you have problems logging in, contact an administrator.

ITT: Sonic Games

Started by Fusion, March 02, 2008, 03:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

March 26, 2010, 11:16:33 AM #345 Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:23:40 AM by Fox McCloud
Okay, Sega.  You'd better start releasing screenshots of the other zones or the sonic community's gonna take all your damn screenshots and piece together a full level layout before Sonic 4's even released!

Am I fair in saying that Sonic 4 is more a sequel along the same lines as Street Fighter e?  Everybody else in the community compares it to Megaman 9\10.

Also:

Be sure to watch it all through.  It's not what you think.

Sgt Squirrel

UHMEEEEBA

KoopaKoot

Click Here.

Deleted User

Fusion

Oh yeah, on the topic of what the Sonic Community considers as "good"... I tried out Sonic Megamix.  It seemed good... 'Till I found the glitches.  Not worth a review, since I just can't push myself to try playing it all the way through.

Deleted User

Sega should spriteswap Sonic 1 with all new sprites for every zone, rename them and release.

I wonder if they'll complain.

Orbinaut

Quote from: Vans on March 26, 2010, 05:36:57 PM
Sega should spriteswap Sonic 1 with all new sprites for every zone, rename them and release.

I wonder if they'll complain.

That was what more or less Sonic Megamix was. Unlike SEGA, it was merely a team of 5 - 10 people doing things "for free" so for the most part they got praise rather than complaints.

Quote from: Fox McCloud on March 26, 2010, 05:10:25 PM
Oh yeah, on the topic of what the Sonic Community considers as "good"... I tried out Sonic Megamix.  It seemed good... 'Till I found the glitches.  Not worth a review, since I just can't push myself to try playing it all the way through.

The main problem with Sonic Megamix is that there was nothing really innovative or memorable when playing through it. The auto dash thing was new, however all it really did was make the game even more forgetful as all you really needed to do was mash A and Sonic/Shadow/Mighty would just home in on the next enemy. That and the fact that some of the levels ( i.e. Dark Fortress and Misty Maze) just dragged on so long that you really just wondered when the ending will come.

Fusion

So, a few new developments... Sega might as well just release the game pre-maturely considering all of the massive leaks that've been happening (Soundtrack, footage of other zones) as punishment.

Though, even if they did I don't think some Sonic fans are even in touch with their own franchise:

QuoteIt just seems that they only looked at the older titles and didn't bother to study why they where fun to play. In the classics, it was fun to explore the levels while gaining speed from rolling down slopes. Gaining speed with no work just seems to defeat the purpose of making a "classic" game. Speed should be an award for having the guts to speed down a slope and hope you don't slam into a placed badnik. Sonic "4" is just Sonic Rush HD.

Obviously the Spindash was an abomination, then.

Deleted User

Soundtrack leaks? First time I heard of this.

Also goddammit, they should just let Sega dimps finish and shut the hell up already, christ.

Jesuszilla

Proof that Sonic's fanbase are a bunch of fucking nutters.

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Sgt Squirrel

I bought Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. It's actually really really good. It's just as good as Mario Kart Double Dash IMO, and better than Mario Kart Wii.

It's more skill dependant than most MK games, too. Sure, there's the All-Star Move, but there are some races where it doesn't even show up at all, and you can turn it off. Most items are pretty much just "slow down person in front of you or behind you" and it works well.

Fusion

Jesuszilla

to keep the info from the eyes of the 25 people who will read

Just try to keep things peaceful.

Deleted User

So... GJ? I don't know what to feel in this case.